PDA

View Full Version : blue screen even in safe mode

williamF
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
i have a near new (less than 1 year old) laptop which recently updated and now even in safe mode (all safe modes) it brings up a blue screen, it may also be that i installed some add on's for sun's virtual box on the local machine instead of the virtual machine (baka baka baka) which may have something to do with it, but even in safe mode????

os vista home prem.
stop error: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x803CF130, 0x0,0x0)
i've noticed the touchpad wasnt working in all attempts
i have reverted to using a tosh 420cdt running 98 and windows explorer (iexplore is non existant) to post this

williamF
11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
in normal i get a similar stop error with 0x80158000 in the second number

KarameaDave
11-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Common causes here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539
If it happens in safe mode that probably points to hardware
I'm sorry to say.
Warranty?

williamF
11-03-2010, 01:18 AM
pluging in an external mouse works, however the pointer flicks back to the lower left near the start menu, and it still blue screens mouse related perhaps

williamF
11-03-2010, 01:34 AM
managed to uninstall that program/extras which caused the BSOD now the mouse doesnt work at, should be relitivly easy to figure out now it stopped blue screening

williamF
11-03-2010, 02:01 AM
k it says it has corrupt or missing files and it couldnt load drivers error 39
external mouse no go either

im using mouse keys for the moment, ("full size" internal keyboard seperate numeric keys)

gary67
11-03-2010, 06:40 AM
What about re installing mouse drivers since it is a touch pad

pctek
11-03-2010, 08:44 AM
managed to uninstall that program/extras which caused the BSOD now the mouse doesnt work at, should be relitivly easy to figure out now it stopped blue screening

Dead touchpad, hardware fault. I don't think playing around with the drivers will fix this one.
Can you disable the touchpad totally in the BIOS?

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Boot it from a Linux Live CD, that will bypass Vista, if every thing works from a live CD then what ever the program was you installed /removed has screwed the OS .

Save the data and reinstall Vista.

If you took it back under warranty, unless its something really obvious like a burnt out or blown part, the first thing they do is do a fresh install - IF it still fails, then they look at hardware.

A few weeks back I had a W7 laptop, similar, touch pad wouldn't work as well as all the F keys, - couldn't even get into safe mode - simply a badly corrupted OS.

williamF
11-03-2010, 01:14 PM
What about re installing mouse drivers since it is a touch pad
tried several times
im sure its software its just not loading the drivers
apparently they are corrupt

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 01:23 PM
This guy had the same BSOD (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1156903.html) the videocard was stuffed. Or it maybe an update that made it crash. Here's another (http://forums.explosm.net/archive/index.php/t-36169.html). Were there any virtual cd / dvd programs on it?

williamF
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
there was but i've resolved the bsod problem and the mouse now has issues, both were/ are software related

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
So did you boot from A linux CD like I suggested in Post 9 -- this should tell you if its a hardware or software problem. If its software - best solution, reinstall Windows -- Easy.

williamF
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
didnt have a live CD but i did have a bootable dos CD with mouse drivers, the mouse worked in there
reinstalling is not an option as i
1. dont have a disk and the laptop was preinstalled
2. i got rid of the recovery partition nearly a year ago

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Well you may have to borrow one to reinstall it, using the COA on the back of the laptop.

If the OS is toast, then no amount of fixing will repair it. Often in this game you learn fast that you can muck about for days, getting nowhere, and end up reinstalling.

but you can try -- Click start / type in CMD Right click cmd / run as administrator, type in chkdsk /r agree to run chkdsk on next reboot, reboot let it run.

If that doesn't work do the same, but this time type in sfc /scannow - see if it fixes the files.

If not - refer to line one above.

williamF
11-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Well you may have to borrow one to reinstall it, using the COA on the back of the laptop.

and if its un-readably faded?

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Call MS and explain you need to reinstall Vista, but the COA is unreadable, there are other codes on the COA that they can cross reference, they may help, or simply say buy a copy.

OR

Buy another replacement set of restore dvd's from Laptop Manufacture.

Removing the Recovery partition is not the brightest of Ideas, especially if a person doesn't have any other way to reinstall the OS when it needs it.

While its easy enough to get the COA from the existing PC/Laptop, and it will install, it wont activate, as it will be a Manufactures COA thats on thousands of other Laptops as well.

How did you manage to fade a COA in less than a year ? on my laptop its still clear after 7 years.

One thing you can also try, use free Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html) - remove the touchpad Drivers - then try reinstalling them again.

williamF
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
oh *** im not spending hundreds just to fix my mouse, i guess i'll be using mouse keys for a while then
unless there is a way of repairing without a disk or finding out why its not loading the mouse driver

Agent_24
11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
and if its un-readably faded?

You can recover your product key by using a program such as "magical jellybean keyfinder"

Then all you need is something to reinstall Windows from (no worries borrowing a CD, remember it's only the key that really matters)

Have you tried removing all mouse\touchpad related entries in device manager and rebooting? or System Restore?

williamF
11-03-2010, 07:37 PM
in that case is someone willing to lend me a disk? i can pay for the postage.

also i disabled system restore quite a while before this happened hence the posts
tried reinstalling and uninstalling many mouse drivers and it doesnt work with an external mouse either

Agent_24
11-03-2010, 07:42 PM
What have you tried so far in attempting to fix the mouse problem?

williamF
11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
i've tried
removing reinstalling and rebooting the synaptics mouse drivers
letting windows "load" its own mouse drivers (PS/2 compatible mouse)
using an external USB ball mouse
i still get error 39, unable to load drivers
specificly
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

at this point im navigating with keyboard and mousekeys

Agent_24
11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Try System Restore?

williamF
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
i mention a few posts earlier i had it disabled

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Is there a driver on whatever site? Have you looked? Has it got a restore partition on it?

williamF
11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
the restore partition has been deleted and expanded with my main drive ages ago and the drivers are all on C drive in SWsetup

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Well have you tried to find another install file if you think its corrupt?

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
You can recover your product key by using a program such as "magical jellybean keyfinder" I mentioned that earlier -- It wont work unless the system has been reinstalled using the COA on the back.

If its the factory install, that key will allow you to install, (usually) BUT you cant activate it, MS will say its an illegal key.

Its actually a factory COA thats on thousands of Laptops world wide, there is a file in the OS that allows this key to read as genuine, do a reinstall and it removed that file. Read this (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/04/unable-to-activate-windows-xp-and-vista-with-coa-oem-key-online-without-phone-activation/) it explains what I mean.

Take ANY name brand PC, Dell, compaq - run magic jelly bean through it. The sticker on the bottom of the computer is not the product key for the operating system preinstalled.

wainuitech
11-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Please add to the above _ If you do decide to reinstall, and get hold of a OEM (of the right version) of Vista, AND use the Factory COA it may or may not activate.
Personally I have tried it several times with the factory COA and its never worked. Each time I have had to call MS if the key on the back doesn't work either and activate the key manually after explaining to the MS rep whats happened.

BUT have a read of the correct way from the Microsoft Forums (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/4d50a1dc-f4cb-46cb-8263-ba806359a471) - But if it doesn't work you will have to have the CAO readable from the laptop. Other wise you will be up the creek with out a paddle as the saying goes.

Agent_24
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I know, this happened to me once on XP with an HP computer

But then my Toshiba Satellite P35 has a standard retail XP Pro sticker on it... so sometimes it can work.

williamF
12-03-2010, 03:17 PM
who's offering to lend me a vista disc, anyone
vista home premium,

i can pay for postage if necessary
im in new zealand so postage shouldnt be a problem right??

williamF
22-03-2010, 12:12 PM
good news, agent24 has leant me a copy and using the key recovered from my laptop it is letting me install, probably have to wait a while and see if it will activate but its installing, it was probably due for a reinstall anyway, what with registry rot and all the rest