PDA

View Full Version : Number of installs on windows 7 !

ace
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM
So my RC version is being a pain in the ass and so is the RC version on my girlfriends laptop.

I went onto pricespy to check out good deals for a copy of windows 7 and the home edition is around 180 bucks. Which is a great deal.

I heard that each copy of windows had only ONE install limit. Which surprised me. I want to buy one copy for me and my girlfriend. Does this really mean I can only install for my computer.?

What if I bought my self a copy and a few months down the line i had an issue with my computer and had to reinstall windows 7 again. Does that mean I have to buy a whole new copy?

I'm studying 3d animation and visual effects in AUT. I really need to know soon as I need to get on with my assignments. Any quick help would be awesome.

Cheers Ace.

Sweep
08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
You need a copy for each computer but you can get a family pack.

Speedy Gonzales
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
You can only install it on ONE computer. This applies to previous versions as well (XP, Vista). You can install it on the same computer, if something happens, but you cant install one copy on another computer as well

Sweep
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
If you are studying computer related courses at an educational institution you may qualify for Win 7 Pro for free.

ace
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Sweep...Could you point me in the new direction as to how to go out getting Win 7 Pro for free?

wainuitech
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
He DID tell you -- read the post -
If you are studying computer related courses at an educational institution you may qualify for Win 7 Pro for free. So are you at an educational Institution - if you so may qualify.

KarameaDave
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/nz/academia/msdnaa.aspx

Agent_24
09-03-2010, 07:41 PM
You can only have one key per machine, unless it's a VLK.

You can reinstall that same version with that same key on that one computer as many times as you like (if you have problems, you just call Microsoft)