PDA

View Full Version : Outlook on new computer

John Robb
08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I have been using Outlook for both email and diary use. I have just reloaded Windows on a new hard drive (the old one was very full) and expected to be able to copy my address book and diary entries from the old drive to the new drive. (The old drive is installed as drive E:)

I cannot find the outlook files anywhere on the old drive. I thought the address book was a file with a .wab suffix and I thought I should find the diary in the same place but it is nowhere to be found using windows explorer to search the old drive.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

John

ronyville
08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
drive letter of old drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Application Data is hidden so you will need to enable "show hidden files" or just type in the address link in Sart>Run. Make sure the drive letter is correct. Hope this helps.

inphinity
08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Outlook, rather than Outlook Express, will more than likely have everything stored in a *.pst file.

Sweep
08-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Outlook Express does not have a calendar (diary) function so I would think you need to import outlook.pst from the old drive.