PDA

View Full Version : Socket 775 heatsink

Speedy Gonzales
05-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I removed the old one here to clean it, a while ago, but forgot which way its meant to go. Does the raised side go on the top or bottom / the part that sits on the CPU? Does it matter which way it goes?

Edit: Forget this post, think I just found out, if you put the raised end up, the fan wont spin

pctek
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
place the HSF on top of the CPU in any orientation allinging the four prongs with the holes in the mobo
-Once the HSF is correctly placed on the motherboard, make sure the prongs are alligned in the holes well
-Press down on any of the tabs.
-Remember to support the bottom of the mobo with your other hand. Also, dont rotate the tabs! The default position is the correct position for installation.
-You'll hear it click in. Make sure the tab is completely pressed in, and inspect the bottom of the mobo to make sure its in all of the way.
-Now, press down on the tab diagonal of the first tab. This might seem harder to do then the first tab.
-Again, remember to provide support on the bottom of the mobo with your other hand.
-Once the tab is completely pressed down, inspect the bottom of the motherboard to make sure it is completely in.
-Repeat the same thing with the next two tabs remembering to support the bottom of the motherboard as you fully press down on the tabs.

Speedy Gonzales
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Havent got the mobo yet. Getting it from Cyabro. But ta, I'll remember that :) I was just trying to figure out which way the heatsink went (since I removed it to clean it). But now I know. There's only one way lol. The other way, will probably fry something, if it was on the mobo