PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Store says 'no internet connection'

Billy T
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi Team

My son asked me to install iTunes on his desktop machine last night as I had copy of version 7.0.0.70 which is less bloated than the current offering. It installed OK under administrator privileges but when he tries to sign on for the iTunes Store it throws an error message saying there is no internet connection.

I've tried under administrator privileges with the firewall shut down and get the same result, so I'm a bit baffled as to what is going on. All internet access is from his connection is otherwise normal.

As a test I've just installed the same version of iTunes on my computer, which is essentially the same as his, and it connects to the store without any problem so I'm at a loss to figure out why he cannot connect. Both comps run W2K

Any ideas?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Speedy Gonzales
05-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Try some of these (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368). How is he connected? Through a router? wireless?

Billy T
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Funny, I answered this about 30 minutes ago and it seems that the internet goblins grabbed it. Hope it doesn't turn into a double-post.

He is connected via my network which hangs off a D-Link DES-1008D switch and a D-Link DSL-504G router. Everything else currently hanging off the network is OK (except my daughter's computer which packed a connectivity sad some time back and I can't even get it back on the network, let alone the web.

He has normal internet access for everything except the iTunes Shop, and ironically, he is the only user here who would be remotely interested in using that facility.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

PS The old box is still going fine Speedy, and much faster than before, but I've got a new one due from Computer Lounge next week.

Speedy Gonzales
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Sweet good to hear the old one is still going fine :)