PDA

View Full Version : run 2 screens at once

petemit
03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi i have a laptop and often use a bigger screen which works fine but i have to have bigger screen plugged in before i start the laptop and if i have to move and disconect the bigger screen nothing works on my laptop screen untill i shut down and restart it.likewise if i start on my laptop screen with the bigger screen unpluged i cant get the bigger screen to work until i restart the laptop,pluging the bigger screen in while the laptop is shut down

windows xp profesional is operating system

thanks
peter

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Configure the driver settings / options. But if the drivers dont support 2 screens (it may only support 1), then it wont work

petemit
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
how do i find the drive settings options please
windows xp professional
toshiba tecra laptop

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Depending on what drivers are installed (ATI or Nvidia), you go into its settings.

Altho, it may not have the above, so may not have any settings, that you can configure. In that case, it wont support 2 screens at once

petemit
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi have found " mobile intel 915 Gm /GMS 910 GML express chip set " which has several options and hot keys to turn tv on,monitor on,notebook on, so will try them next time i need to run the external screen when my lap top is on
It has a double display option but not sure it would run laptop screen and external monitor
thanks for your help (i presume this will work or enable me to switch from one screen to the other while laptop is still running)

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Select the double display option, you'll soon find out. It'll either turn both on or cut one off and turn the other on

SolMiester
03-03-2010, 03:49 PM
FN key and usually F4 or F5 to toggle through the dual\mono display options