PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find drivers????

srkingi
02-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi, I have a Packard Bell imedia P806 and cannot find the correct drivers for the multimedia sound card. Is far as I know its a Realtek card which is built into the motherboard. Ive tried downloading various drivers from both the Packard Bell and the Realtek website to no avail. I keep getting a code 1 coming up after installation of any of the drivers. Any help would be apprieciated, as Ive been tearing my hair out for days now.

Sweep
02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
So drivers for what operating system?

What motherboard is installed. I think it is MSI

feersumendjinn
02-03-2010, 12:25 AM
According to their website the P806 has a MSI motherboard (MS 6763), which has a Soundmax audio chip, try this page
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=spec_palomarpl&pi=platform_veloce_ixtreme
or this
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=platform_veloce_ixtreme&t=2007
Might pay to take the case panel off and check the motherboard model (and/or look for the sound chip on the board ;)).

srkingi
02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Whoops, sorry the os is XP pro. Mmm, cant seem to find my model on the Packard Bell site. Tried to put in the model and serial numbers but it does not recognise it. Its an older model from around 02-03. I think it may have been a NZ only model.
On the hardware properties it says the multimedia audio controller is a realtek, but no other info.
Might open it up to find out what motherboard is inside.
Have downloaded various realtek drivers and none worked. Is it possible something else is wrong????:badpc:

nedkelly
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
google it. I always do that when I cant find drivers on the manufacturers websites. Always seem to be a site somewhere that hosts just the one files I am looking for.

Agent_24
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
SoundMAX chips are a right pain to get drivers for... you will need to get them from Packard Bell most likely.. just keep looking

srkingi
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Is it possible that it is infact a soundmax chip and not a realtek, which it shows in the system profile??
Tried google and still found nothing that works.

PENTIUM
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Have you tried MSI Taiwan?
Yes, soundmax drivers for XP can also be got from the old compaq models drivers sites.

wainuitech
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Did you look at the bottom link in Post #3 that feersumendjinn Posted -- There are the sound drivers ( assuming you have that model) from realtek & Soundmax

srkingi
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
WOOOHOOOO, I figured it out!!! Cheers for all your help guys. It did end up being the ms6763 motherboard, so was infact the Soundmax chipset and I found the appropriate drivers via the Packard Bell website. All is good again.:D

Sweep
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Great that it's fixed and thanks for getting back here to say so.