PDA

View Full Version : Appointment in Outlook not showing at correct time



chiefnz
01-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi guys,

I have a curious problem with a user's Outlook calendar where an appointment is not displaying at the correct time. It is only displaying at the incorrect time for this one user... who is a delegate of another and it's an appointment in that users calendar.

The PC was initially syncing to the incorrect NTP server. I had to remove it from the domain and then re-add it so that the time is synced with the primary domain controller. Since doing that the time is set correctly. However the particular appointment in question is still showing incorrectly on their machine.

I have tried the following without success.

1) created a new user profile including a new outlook mail profile.
2) run the Outlook time zone adjustment application. when I run this the application says there are not appointments which need to be moved.

I have verified that the mailbox this user is a delegate for is in fact displaying the appointment at the correct time. It is only showing incorrectly on the delegated users calendar.

Any one have any suggestions as to a fix?

Machine specs:
HP DC7800s
Intel vPro CPU (Dual core)
2GB RAM
Windows XP SP3... with full updates
MS Office 2007 SP2

SolMiester
01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Sounds to me like a daylight savings issue...is the time out by an hour....if not that check out these

http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/

FAB
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I know it's along the same lines, but regional settings are correct?

chiefnz
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I know it's along the same lines, but regional settings are correct?

Yes regional settings are set correctly. What I ended up doing was;

uninstalled Windows XP SP3.

Then downloaded all Windows Updates except SP3 and IE8 ( we don't use IE8 due to incompatibility issues with some in-house applications)

The re-installed SP3.

Re-adjusted the time zone in Outlook to Vladivastok and then set it back to New Zealand. This seemed to re-align most appointments... but there were still some which didn't come right.

I suspect that this is so because the user had manually changed the time zone on the system clock to allow for the time being wrong... I think these appointments were created under this time zone.

I have asked the user to delete the appointments which are still wrong and re-create them and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice. Will post results later.

chiefnz
02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Well looks like things have come right...user has re-create the "faulty" appointment entries and all appears to be good now.

Thanks,