PDA

View Full Version : Lost messages in Windows Mail 'Junk Mail'

baycam
27-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help. We are using Vista and have Windows Mail as our default email.

We are also using "Mailwasher" (a great program!!) to filter out the rubbish emails - however even when marked in Mailwasher as 'friend' if Windows email thinks the email is a 'junk' one it will put it into the 'Junk' in box.

This in itself is OK but when we click into the Junk inbox there is nothing to view.
Under properties it show "200 messages' - but there is nothing actually to view.

i know a couple of people have sent us emails that have gone into the Junk in box - but we can't find them.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Lance

Trev
27-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Do you have more than one email address.
:)

Scouse
27-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi lance. Are you familiar with the Tools/Junk email options......
There are several levels or grades for assessing emails and, finally, there is the option to permamently delete junk instead of just moving it to the junk folder. That last would certainly prevent you from retrieving and reading any mail which th system had classified as junk.

wainuitech
27-02-2010, 12:30 PM
if you go into the Tools/ Safety Options -- Under the Option Tab , Set it to No Automatic Filtering, then on the phishing Tab, untick protect my inbox from messages ----

pctek
27-02-2010, 01:48 PM
We are also using "Mailwasher" (a great program!!) to filter out the rubbish emails - however even when marked in Mailwasher as 'friend' if Windows email thinks the email is a 'junk' one it will put it into the 'Junk' in box.

I find it's better to log into webmail and feed a few of the missed spams back in to t5he spam folder - that way it re-trains the spam filter and stops the leaked ones.

Junk filters within your email program stuff up. Eeven Thunderbirds.

baycam
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks everyone - have tried the suggestions - will get back to you either way if they work.

Once again - thanks!

Lance