PDA

View Full Version : Canon MVX200i Driver for Windows 7

Bobh
23-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I have a Canon MVX200i DV Movie camera. It uses mini digital tapes to record video onto. It's about 3 years old.

It worked fine with XP. I am sure that I also used it with Vista. With the right software the computer controls the camera and downloads movies to my hard disk.

I cannot get it to work with Windows 7. When I have it connected to the computer by hotwire I get a sound when I either turn the camera on or off. The computer acknowledges that the camera is there.

I use Serif MoviePlus 5 and have tried Windows Live Movie Maker. Neither program shows my camera in the Capture dialogue box.

I have gone to the Canon web site looking for a driver with no luck.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sweep
23-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Does the camera show up as a drive in Windows explorer?

Speedy Gonzales
23-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Looks like it has firewire. Buy a firewire PCI card. Or is that what you mean by hotwire?

SolMiester
23-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I would just try the Vista drivers

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010114.asp

Bobh
23-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry I did mean firewire not hotwire.

I now have had some success and have downloaded the movie using Windows Live Movie Maker.

The camera does not show up on Windows Explorer. This caused me to have another look in Device Manager. I found the camera under Imaging Devices. This time the driver update button was able to be pressed. Windows determined that the driver software was up to date.

I rebooted the computer and I now get 'Microsoft DV Camera and VCR' in the dialogue box (I do have an MS Lifecam as well).

Serif MoviePlus X3 (not 5) displayed no preview with a message 'Failed to Initialize Capture'. I might bring this problem up on the Serif forum.

I then tried Windows Live Movie Maker and happily it succeeded in the video capture.

Many thanks