PDA

View Full Version : uploading photos

GameJunkie
22-02-2010, 08:53 AM
last night and i was uploading some photos to facebook using firefox but i could only select photos one at a time up to a max of 5 photos.

i tried this in IE8 and Chrome after installing the plugin and i can select many more photos to upload at once.

trying again in FF i still have to select them one by one.

this was on my laptop running 7 ultimate but result is the same on the desktop running vista SP2.

anyone else have this issue?

gary67
22-02-2010, 08:56 AM
No I don't as I only upload to Picasa as I don't and won't have a facebook entry

wainuitech
22-02-2010, 09:18 AM
SWMBO was having the same problem over the weekend Didn't matter what browser.

Uploading 1 or two at a time, no problems, any more than that and it just hung :sleep

GameJunkie
22-02-2010, 09:21 AM
thing is that the facebook plugin which i installed in chrome shows up in the addons in FF:stare:

pkm
22-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I know this isnt helpful, but I dont use facebook for photos due to its privacy policy and third-partys-using-your-face-for-advertising issues.

autechre
23-02-2010, 08:07 AM
The plugin in question is Java. Install that for Firefox & it should let you upload a whole folder of photos.

Of course, when I tried it I get a server not connected error after it does the upload. Weird.

GameJunkie
23-02-2010, 08:23 AM
java is up to date on both desktop and laptop, chrome and IE are fine , i can upload a whole folder.

the message i get in FF on both is, "You are using a simplified version of the Facebook photo uploader. A better experience is available, but not for your browser. You can use Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer to enjoy the full version." . I am using FF:confused: