PDA

View Full Version : Photo's won't open

Ron24
20-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I received a group of photo's from a relative overseas and they opened perfectly. When I tried to open them at a later time this is what came up.

Format
JPG- Joint Photographic Experts Group

Error
Unsupported marker type Ox84

Execution stopped.

All I get now is a lot of little Red crosses..Any ideas????

Speedy Gonzales
20-02-2010, 09:45 AM
What program are you using to view them?

Ron24
20-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Am using PhotoCommander7.

The thing that puzzles me is that it opened the first time.

Have Nod32 and Super Antispyware installed which have checked for a virus.

Thanks for the reply..Ron..

Speedy Gonzales
20-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Do they open in my computer / computer? Depending on the version of windows youre using? If they do, there maybe a prob with that program

pctek
20-02-2010, 10:31 AM
It means the files are now corrupt.

What are they on? Your hard drive?

bevy121
20-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Try opening them with something robust like ACDSee (http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Graphics_Cataloging_Tools/ACDSee_Download.html) or xnview (http://www.xnview.com/en/download.html), and if they view ok (I think they will) then re-save them again from there.

Sweep
20-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Are/Were these pics attached to an Email? The fact you are getting red crosses suggests you might be trying to open from broken links/shortcuts to me.

Ron24
20-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks all for the help. They were sent by email and opened in Photo commander without a problem and are now in my deleted file.

They were sent to my daughter as well as me, so I asked her to send her copy to me. She did this and they performed great like the original ones the first time they were opened. When I tried again some time later all I got was that Error message.
Something crazy here...Ron..

Sweep
20-02-2010, 01:59 PM
When you get photos attached to an Email save the photos to a folder on your hard drive and then open them from there.

Ron24
20-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the help, but am giving up on this one.
I saved it to the hard drive, but came out the same as the others, plenty of little red crosses.
Cheers Ron..

Sweep
20-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I think what you are actually saving is shortcuts and not the actual photos and that is why you are getting the red crosses.

Try a right click on one of the photos and check properties.

Paste the info back here as to the location and file size.

pctek
20-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I saved it to the hard drive, but came out the same as the others, plenty of little red crosses.

Red crosses? In what? Once you have save them, what are you using to try and view them?
And how exactly did you save them, post your exact steps......