PDA

View Full Version : Personal Video Recorders (PVR) for satellite TV

Krad
18-02-2010, 02:18 PM
If you are interested in purchasing a PVR I recommend the Ultraplus 9000 which I bought from Freeviewshop and have used for three months. It records HD from satellite Optus 1 ( the same as Sky) and upscales SD to 1080. You record to an internal hard drive (from 500gb up to 2gb) and you can also record to your DVD recorder (to burn a disc) or VCR or pc. Besides all the Freeview channels you can also get SBS HD and SD which has very good movies and programmes. The full demonstration and service after I bought it from Freeviewshop have been first rate.

psycik
18-02-2010, 08:05 PM
If you are interested in purchasing a PVR I recommend the Ultraplus 9000 which I bought from Freeviewshop and have used for three months. It records HD from satellite Optus 1 ( the same as Sky) and upscales SD to 1080. You record to an internal hard drive (from 500gb up to 2gb) and you can also record to your DVD recorder (to burn a disc) or VCR or pc. Besides all the Freeview channels you can also get SBS HD and SD which has very good movies and programmes. The full demonstration and service after I bought it from Freeviewshop have been first rate.

DVB-S (off satellite) isn't HD. Skys feed is special and normal decoders can't access it as it's encoded.

Krad
19-02-2010, 10:47 AM
DVB-S (off satellite) isn't HD. Skys feed is special and normal decoders can't access it as it's encoded.

I know that Sky is encoded but what I said was that the PVR feeds from Optus 1 which is also used by Sky. HD comes from SBS1 and other channels as it becomes available.

psycik
19-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I know that Sky is encoded but what I said was that the PVR feeds from Optus 1 which is also used by Sky. HD comes from SBS1 and other channels as it becomes available.

The main bit I was questioning was:

It records HD from satellite Optus 1
Not really possible, as HD in NZ is only via Terrestrial. Not via satellite.

Peter H
19-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Rubbish - Sky satellite movies and sport is in HD. Also I believe TV1 & TV3 if using a My Sky HDi

paulw
19-02-2010, 03:49 PM
The main bit I was questioning was:

Not really possible, as HD in NZ is only via Terrestrial. Not via satellite.

He's talking about HD feeds from Australia not NZ..