PDA

View Full Version : eBay login plugin?

Agent_24
17-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Anyone know of a plugin etc for (preferably IE7) or Firefox, that allows you to be signed into eBay permanently?

I hate how the maximum you can be signed in for is 1 day. Why can't it remember my password forever like everything else?

wainuitech
17-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Theres This here (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5202)

For IE, is IE not remembering any passwords -- you may have to re prompt it.

Check that its actually turned on ( had this yesterday on another Customers PC)

1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Content tab.
4. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
5. In the AutoComplete Settings dialog box, select the User names and passwords on forms check box (if it is not already selected), select the Prompt me to save passwords check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK. ( also check Forms - this fixed my problem)
6. Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box,restart IE

Agent_24
17-02-2010, 08:12 PM
There's no problem remembering passwords, it's just that eBay itself doesn't remember them for more than 1 day as a security "feature" (see attached image)

I'm just wondering if there's anything that can override this "feature" and allow the account to stay logged in longer than 1 day

Terry Porritt
17-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Odd; if I click on a "permanent" item search shorcut for eBay.com, then I get signed in automatically. I didn't know there was a time limitation. Using Firefox.

Agent_24
17-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Theres This here (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5202)

For IE, is IE not remembering any passwords -- you may have to re prompt it.

Check that its actually turned on ( had this yesterday on another Customers PC)

1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Content tab.
4. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
5. In the AutoComplete Settings dialog box, select the User names and passwords on forms check box (if it is not already selected), select the Prompt me to save passwords check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK. ( also check Forms - this fixed my problem)
6. Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box,restart IE

Just thinking about it now, You might be right. Whenever I install Windows and IE asks me if I want to save passwords, I tell it that I don't want to.

I think most websites (like PressF1) keep the login saved in a cookie.

However eBay probably makes their cookie expire after 24 hrs or something... I guess there's no way around it