PDA

View Full Version : Webmail

B.M.
17-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Change of problems. :D

Iím in Aus at the moment and this was sent courtesy of Big Pond the ISP for where Iím staying.

My normal ISP when at home in NZ is Kinect. (subsidiary of Trustpower)

Now Kinect provide a Webmail service so I can pick up my mail, but it is ordinary at best as far as anything else goes.

I have been leaving my mail on the server, but then the mailbox overfills and E-Mails get returned.

Ok, Outlook Express downloads it fine, even though weíre working Bigpond to Kinect but it canít send. :crying

Now, if I recall correctly, I think I read some time ago of a way around this, but canít recall how. It may even have been a programme that somehow juggled the pop3 and smtp protocols? :confused:

Anyone shed any light on the matter? :thanks

kahawai chaser
17-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I think you may have been thinking of "YPoPs (http://ypopsemail.com/)" utility for pop3/smtp that allowed access to Yahoo! Mail based on specific settings. You could try this access procedure (http://www.techspot.com/blog/543/access-multiple-email-accounts-with-gmail-in-3-easy-steps/) with a temporary GMail account...

Safari
17-02-2010, 06:02 PM
In OE account settings change the SMTP server from Kinect to mail.bigpond.com

B.M.
17-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Many thanks guy's.

Yep Ypops rings a bell KC, but I think Safari has nailed it in one.

Press F1 does it again. :thumbs:

Next question, how do I get rid of these biting Mosquito's and sand-flies?

Struth, only been here four days and they've tried to drown me, deafen me (thunder) electricute me, (lightning) and now the great insect attack.

Next post will probably be dealing with Croc's and Snakes.

Bloody things have no respect for the aged. ;)

:thanks

gary67
18-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Next question, how do I get rid of these biting Mosquito's and sand-flies?

Struth, only been here four days and they've tried to drown me, deafen me (thunder) electricute me, (lightning) and now the great insect attack.

Next post will probably be dealing with Croc's and Snakes.

Bloody things have no respect for the aged. ;)

:thanks

Leave the colony to the felons