PDA

View Full Version : software to do this?

holden
14-02-2010, 01:11 PM
living in oz they are showing some kiwi shows on the tv ,but they are on
when we are at work
have a nice new laptop but no pvr to record the programs
if i buy a hdtv usb tuner (dirt cheap over here) i
is there a program that will start the laptop up at a preprogramed
time so the software for the tuner can record for later veiwing
an then shut down the laptop after
dont really want to leave laptop on all day unattended

Speedy Gonzales
14-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I doubt there will be a program to turn the laptop on and run / make the PVR program record as well. The only way, it may turn on is if you enable WOL (but it would have to be connected to a LAN), in the BIOS. But then you'll still have probs, getting the PVR program to run and record after. I would say the only way, is to leave the laptop on and set the PVR program to record whatever at whatever time, then set it to shut the laptop down after (if its got the option)

wainuitech
14-02-2010, 01:22 PM
The software that comes with the AVermedia (http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=173&tab=APDriver) has the ability to record at a set time, and shut down the PC afterwards. Not to sure if it will auto startup the PC/laptop though to start recording.

holden
14-02-2010, 01:39 PM
just found this artical
has any one given this a go
http://www.ehow.com/how_4914722_set-auto-start-up-computer.html
will it work

Speedy Gonzales
14-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yup the schedule on this lets you make a silent record / record, or activate AverTV. Lets you record from TV or tuner, record from whatever channel, set the time, for weekly, or everyday. What hdd to record it to, what format, the duration and an option to split it and the audio mode. But no option to turn the system off later. That may work if the BIOS has the option. Not all do

feersumendjinn
14-02-2010, 01:47 PM
You should be able to start up (and stop?) the computer from hibernation using Task Scheduler (havent tried it myself).