PDA

View Full Version : MS Ultimate Steal deal - ulitmate frustration?

FAB
13-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Decided that at $80 for the Office 2007 Ultimate package, I'd bite the bullet and go for it. Great price!
Paid online, got the link, then started to download it at work. All going well, except download speeds varying hugely from 12kB/s to 80kB/s - and mostly in the lower range. I paused the download a few times, then cranked it back up again. Then the download just failed.

Tried the link again - your download attempts have been exceeded, you get 5 times. But I only tried once! Guessing that the pauses and resumes are counted as download attempts.
Ok click here to go to DigitalRiver for help. I do that and email them what happened.

Get an email back from DigitalRiver to say no problem, we can help, just click here to download MS Money. I email back - I don't want Money, as I said in my email to you, I want Office 2007.
Reply comes back today - sorry we can't seem to find your order for MS Money. Please call our 1800 number...

Ok giving up now - will find someone else who downloaded it and will use my key...this should be easy!!

gary67
13-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I got the DVD when I bought my copy, if you get stuck I could copy it for you and send it from Nelson

Chilling_Silence
13-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately you'll find the issue is your connection, as I downloaded Office from them at over 1.5MB/sec (12m/bit) on Orcon DSL service.

FAB
13-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I was downloading it at work - got a 30mbit/sec connection with DTS/Citilink there, most service packs etc I get there come down at 1mbit/sec easy....

Have found someone who got it successfully, so will use their copy and my key...thanks for the offer though.

gary67
13-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Cool no worries