PDA

View Full Version : iPod Sync Issues

bot
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
When I plug my iPod into my computer and sync it, it syncs about 15 songs in itunes before spontaineously disconnecting. I have tried:
Using it as a disk and dragging and dropping music to it with windows explorer, formatting it (oops), syncing it with winamp, and reinstaling the ipod software. I have tried digging about in diagnostic mode but nothing there seems to help. The previous owner seemed to have no problems with it. I don't know the generation but it is a nano with the tiny screen that cannot play videos, and it is 2GB. Once I did manage to get one song on it but that was all.

A few times in windows it has come up with a notice (see pic). I am also considering that it might be the version of itunes but I can't be bothered to download the new version (i am on dialup :sleep)

please :help:

Speedy Gonzales
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Did you restore it using Itunes? What version of Itunes did you install, (It looks like Itunes 7.02 can cause probs) and where in NZ are you? And it is an apple cable you plugged into the end of the Ipod to sync it?? It looks like non apple cables can cause that delayed write failed error

bot
13-02-2010, 07:26 AM
No it wasn't a genuine cable. It's iTunes 9.0.0.70, and I did restore it using iTunes. Why do you ask where in nz we are?

Speedy Gonzales
13-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Because if Itunes needs updating someone from here maybe able to get it for you. Since, you said youre on dialup I dont want to know your address, just what part of NZ. Is the firmware on this IPod up to date?? Did you get this off trademe or something?

robsonde
13-02-2010, 11:31 AM
is the USB cabel directly connected to the computer?

I have seen all kinds of issues with using a USB hub with ipod devices.

bot
14-02-2010, 12:21 PM
It's directly connected. The firmware is up to date (1.1.3).

bot
14-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I've just plugged it into another usb port and it is syncing fine now.

Speedy Gonzales
14-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Could be a dodgy port then