PDA

View Full Version : Moniter or video card

09-08-2001, 12:13 PM
Hi, on turning on my computer this morning, i found my moniter wasn't going, the computer made the normal beep on start up and the LED on the moniter went from orange to green (normal) and there was no picture on the screen.
The Video card is built into the motherboard, nothing is loose. I am running a Celeron 433 with SIS graphics chipset.
I have tried my moniter with flat mates comp and it works fine and tried my flat mates moniter on my machine and same thing... is my video card dead ? thanks for reading this...

09-08-2001, 01:25 PM
Hrm...well if your monitor is turning on by itself when you switch the computer on, that would indicate that it is getting some sort of signal from the video card and you have tried your monitor on you flatmate's computer and vise versa so that rules out the possiblity of the monitor being defective. If you have some free PCI or and AGP slot in your computer try putting a known working Video card in there. If it works, then yea, probably the onboard video. If not, could be a number of other things....try a different video card first and see how you go.