PDA

View Full Version : From My Music to CD

Poppa John
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi All.

I have downloaded free music from Freeplay Music.com, onto a folder in My Music.

When I ask the 'Copy this folder to CD' or words to that effect all I get is an error message, "Drive D is not available" What is wrong? Thanks. PJ

kahawai chaser
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I use to run a little cd auto fix program (for XP) from Microsoft that would fix the sort of error you are getting. Can't recall the program name; Maybe their online cd fix diagnostic may help at their support site (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems).

Speedy Gonzales
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Use a program to do it (something that burns MP3), or lets you create an audio cd.

Trev
10-02-2010, 08:49 PM
You have got to open the folder then select the music to burn to cd. If you are using XP click on burn in the left hand panel.
:)

Poppa John
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Use a program to do it (something that burns MP3), or lets you create an audio cd.

Yes I can do it that way. Curious to know why I cannot to it the MS XP Home way. PJ

Poppa John
11-02-2010, 10:40 AM
You have got to open the folder then select the music to burn to cd. If you are using XP click on burn in the left hand panel.

Trev...can you expand that instruction. I am on XP Homw SP3, but my screen does not show what you suggest. Thanks. PJ

Speedy Gonzales
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes I can do it that way. Curious to know why I cannot to it the MS XP Home way. PJ

Because XP's built in burning wasnt made to make audio cd's. Its for data or DVD (if you install the update for it)

Trev
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Trev...can you expand that instruction. I am on XP Homw SP3, but my screen does not show what you suggest. Thanks. PJ
If you open up the folder with your music in it you should see each track. Now if you go to the edit menu and select all there should be a burn option in the left hand menu. Another alternative is to burn them from Windows Media Player. I'm only typing this from memory as I now use Windows 7. I have burnt many CDs using one of these options.

Poppa John
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
If you open up the folder with your music in it you should see each track. Now if you go to the edit menu and select all there should be a burn option in the left hand menu. Another alternative is to burn them from Windows Media Player. I'm only typing this from memory as I now use Windows 7. I have burnt many CDs using one of these options.

Didnt work, Trev. Will do it with Ashampoo. Thanks. PJ