PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Outlook 2007

korora
10-02-2010, 07:43 AM
is it possible to save a profile of all the email addresses and the messages save on outlook and transfer them to a new pcZ? cos at the moment im running vista and want to upgrade to 7 but dont want to lose all my emails and email addresses
thanks

Sweep
10-02-2010, 07:56 AM
You can open outlook > File > Import and export > Export to a file > Personal (pst).

This will save all emails, address book and calendar.

waldok
10-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Easy Transfer (free download from microsoft.com) did the trick for me for my Vista to Win7 upgrade at home:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer

Keep a backup too (and do like Sweep suggested), just in case.

cheers
W

wainuitech
10-02-2010, 08:04 AM
yep - Easy , (click next where appropriate) - Open outlook - File-Import and Export- Export to a file -personal Folder File(.pst)- select personal Folders ( top one) put a tick in the check box "include Sub Folders" - browse to a location you can find it ( say desktop) Click finish click OK.

This will export the complete Outlook email folders and address Book in one big .pst file. Put that file on a flash drive, or another PC for safe keeping.

To put it in a New install, install outlook - Import and export -Import from another file or program - Personal Folder File .pst - Browse to where ever you put it - and import it.

You will have to re-enter your email account details, but thats no biggie.

korora
12-02-2010, 06:25 PM
yep - Easy , (click next where appropriate) - Open outlook - File-Import and Export- Export to a file -personal Folder File(.pst)- select personal Folders ( top one) put a tick in the check box "include Sub Folders" - browse to a location you can find it ( say desktop) Click finish click OK.

This will export the complete Outlook email folders and address Book in one big .pst file. Put that file on a flash drive, or another PC for safe keeping.

To put it in a New install, install outlook - Import and export -Import from another file or program - Personal Folder File .pst - Browse to where ever you put it - and import it.

You will have to re-enter your email account details, but thats no biggie.

I tired that, but when I go to open it in the new outlook it only opens the old inbox and deleted file. Is there anyway to get the address book back?

Sweep
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
But the PST file would contain the address book unless you were using a different contact list.

Deimos
13-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I tired that, but when I go to open it in the new outlook it only opens the old inbox and deleted file. Is there anyway to get the address book back?

It sounds like you didn't export everything

You could just copy the outlook.pst file in your profile instead of exporting it using outlook...

gary67
13-02-2010, 09:09 AM
You can also export addresses as a .csv file to excel