PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Networking Woes

aidanmaz
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
relating to this thread i posted ages ago http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=103830 i cant seem to get a solid wireless connection. PCs drop off, or suddenly have limited connectivity, even my ipod touch fails on a daily basis. Im pretty sure i have set things up incorrectly. I starting to be a pest, as with my current house layout only on machine can be connected via ethernet. Which doesnt die. I also have a netgear WGR614v6 which has the same issues and needs to be restarted every few days. surely i could use them together on the same network, sort of like a repeater. as the WAG160N is upstairs and my room is downstiars, couldnt i bridge the 2 routers and use wired on my desktops/laptops in my room?

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2010, 04:40 PM
You should continue with that other post. Otherwise, people will get confused with whats been done / what you havent done. And they'll have to go between the 2. Just to see whats been said, and what you've done. Ethernet wont die since its wired not wireless. And its more reliable than wireless

aidanmaz
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
whoops.... my bad sorry