PDA

View Full Version : No Hibernate tab

georgenz
08-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi,

I have done a clean install on at Thinkpad R31 of XP Svce Pack 3, however there is now no Hibernate Tab on the Power Options to enable it. I downloaded and installed the ACPI Power management Driver but that does not seem to have changed anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as its the last thing I need to sort out.

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Look through here (http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=no+hibernate+tab+in+xp&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

georgenz
08-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Look through here (http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=no+hibernate+tab+in+xp&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

did that, and still doing it :xmouth:

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
How much ram is on it, and how big is the hdd and how much space is left on it?? It could be lack of space. Why it doesnt appear. Did you install the chipset / video drivers?

georgenz
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
How much ram is on it, and how big is the hdd and how much space is left on it?? It could be lack of space. Why it doesnt appear. Did you install the chipset / video drivers?

Hi it was working fine before so no issue with space, and as to the 2nd part yes I will look at updating all the drivers next, the fact that it all worked ok after the install (except for the wire adaptor that I had to get drivers for) made be think this was not an issue. I was also not sure if it was a bios update issue/reg-fix?

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I would install the chipset and video drivers now. Then reboot, then see if it works

linw
08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
In command mode enter powercfg -H yes
Turn it off with no.

Hope it works with XP!

Agent_24
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
It's usually because you don't have the drivers for the video card installed, but some other devices may cause this.

It can also happen, if you have a device installed with a driver that does not support hibernation. I had this happen with an FM tuner card once.

But most likely in your case it's because something isn't installed.

georgenz
09-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi, chipset and video drivers did the trick.

tks to everyone (speedy :nerd:)

Speedy Gonzales
09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Sweet :banana:clap