PDA

View Full Version : IncrediMail Website

k9dlyt
07-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Is there anyone else with Xtra not able to access the IncrediMail Download & Upgrade site.......
http://www.incredimail.com/english/download/
It is taking forever to load & when it finally does it has no images, just red X's, and I'm unable to download anything. My IncrediMail email program works fine, but needs upgrading. A friend with another ISP has no problem.

Thanks
Regards
k9dlyt

feersumendjinn
07-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Same problem here (Xtra).

WarNox
08-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe xtra's having international routing issues, wouldn't be the first time. Working fine for me on an Orcon connection.

Renmoo
08-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Try downloading via a web proxy?

gary67
08-02-2010, 06:36 AM
No Incredimail sucks big time I wouldn't use it even if paid to

CYaBro
08-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Could this be related to the other thread with problems updating Malwarebytes on Xtra?

k9dlyt
08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Thankyou for your replies.
I have since been in touch with Xtra and they inform me there is an outage with some international websites and their senior technicians are investagating it.
Just a footnote.......
I have had the paid version of IncrediMail for over 6years, and very happy with it They had a good deal on a lifetime licence at the time I purchased it. No rubbish with the paid version, free version leaves a bit to be desired though!

Thanks again
k9dlyt

wainuitech
08-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Just tried that link - loaded almost instantly - 9.36am - Telstra Cable.

MAC_H8ER
08-02-2010, 10:00 AM
is incredimail still the ad ridden spyware infested peice of bollocks it was 3 years ago?

as ive got people asking me about it and while i wont touch it they most likley will and ill get roped into fixing any problems :p

pctek
08-02-2010, 11:43 AM
is incredimail still the ad ridden spyware infested peice of bollocks it was 3 years ago?
p

IT is still a nagging bloated piece of crap.
It still insists on phoning home, hassling you to buy this and that and polluting peoples inboxes.

I warned a customer recently, she did it anyway, and now complains all the time to me about various things it does and doesn't do.

Well..like I said........

Agent_24
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Another vote from me for "Incredimail is a piece of junk"

Seriously, why would anyone use that thing?

There has got to be something else that does the same thing but isn't full of crud.

MAC_H8ER
08-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Another vote from me for "Incredimail is a piece of junk"

Seriously, why would anyone use that thing?

"but its got the cool waiter dude that says you have mail"

"and its got those cool background things that make my text illegible!"

"and it lets me set gropus of people so i can foward on that chain letter to them that says your dog will explode in the kitchen if you dont foward it to 50 people in 35 seconds!"

its great finding a computer thats got incredimail AND smiley central on it - its like 2 kids fighting over a gameboy - they fight each other and the computer ends up broke and no one gets a turn :lol:

fnphoto
08-02-2010, 03:04 PM
It's just a piece of useless, krapiest & tackiest software out there. But I have to say it's earned me heaps fixing loads of computers over the years where it has caused problems.
The first thing I do when I see it installed is to get the owners to remove it. It's amazing how many business's are using it for email....Real Tacky!

Agent_24
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
No rubbish with the paid version, free version leaves a bit to be desired though!

So it's only the free version that's full of crud? I guess that's something... But I still don't like programs that make you pay to get rid of the rubbish.

I'm sure they could limit the free version in other ways

k9dlyt
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Just a report that Xtra have now resolved their problem with the outage to certain international sites, and I can now access IncediMail Website.
Again a big thanks to those few that gave me a straight forward answer regading the site outage to Xtra.

Cheers
:thanks
k9dlyt

mikebartnz
08-02-2010, 09:48 PM
No Incredimail sucks big time I wouldn't use it even if paid to
Agreed. It is a pity the site isn't permanently dead.

bk T
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
No problem here, it's loading almost instantly.

pctek
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
So it's only the free version that's full of crud?

No.
The pay one just stops some of it's nags. It's still crud.

Why anyone sane would actually PAY them though......