PDA

View Full Version : microsoft word 2007 statusbar

Kazablanka
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
The StatusBar dissappears when I open some documents. This seems to be intermittent. (I can open the same document at different times, and sometimes the StatusBar will display, and other times it will not.)

Is this a fault in Word or could it be a VBA setting? (I have a lot of VBA code that I imported from Word 2000 and 2003.)

If it is a VBA setting, how do I control the appearance of the StatusBar from within VBA?

Grateful for any help or ideas.

Renmoo
08-02-2010, 12:25 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291484

Specifically, look at the section entitled "Start Word Without Running Macros".

Cheers :)

Kazablanka
08-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Many thanks

I traced the problem to a section of my VBA code that controls the appearance of different Toolbars at various times in response to different circumstances. In Word 2007, it seems that the StatusBar is treated as a Toolbar, and my code was switching the StatusBar off.

Interestingly, the documentation on Word 2007 that I checked while trying to sort this out states that users have now lost the ability to turn the StatusBar on or off (i.e. it is on all of the time). However, although there is no interface option to turn it off, I have found that the following VBA code will turn it on or off:

CommandBars("Status Bar").Visible = True
or
CommandBars("Status Bar").Visible = False

Cheers