PDA

View Full Version : Scanner & Camera Wizard

allblack
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
...has done a runner :groan:

Since Adam was a cowboy, I've plugged the camera into the pc, the Wizard has popped up and away we've gone.

Just back from an American car show bursting with photos.......hooked camera up and nothing! Zip. Nada. Squat.

Maybe it's the camera??.....nup - all works as it should on the lappie.

Any ideas how to get this back guys?

Possibly relevant >>>> since I last d/loaded pics from the camera I've used a memory stick and copied a few pics onto that to take to work to get printed.

:thanks

AB

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Did you install the drivers for it, on the desktop? If its USB?

allblack
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Drivers for what?

The USB stick?

Nope - just stuck it in and it worked.

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Well it should appear in computer / my computer. Depending on the version of windows youre using. NOT in Scanner and camera wizard

allblack
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
ummm......I'm not trying to use the memory stick.

Trying to get the S & C Wizard to 'pop-up' when I put the USB from the camera into the pc.

Make sense??

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
You mean the autoplay wizard? Which isnt the scanner and camera wizard. Which shouldnt come up (well I've never seen it appear when I've used something with pics on it (USB stick, camera, or memory card). The autoplay wiizard / windows comes up

Nomad
07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Does the camera have a setting?

Some have a setting like mass storage or something else. Only one may work for transfer of files, while the other you can remote control the camera on the laptop (to take a picture) ......

Also depending on cameras they may work with a supplied software - at least Canon does it that way. You cannot access a digital camera (connected by cable to the PC) under My Computer. It only works via Canon's Zoombrowsers software ..... Other cameras may be similar ...

Easiest way is really take the memory card out and use a USB reader.

allblack
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
On the lappie, which is XP as well, it's called the Scanner and Camera Wizard.

Made a point to check it when I used it.

But regardless of what the program is called - SOMETHING would pop-up when I connected the camera, asked me to name the file the pics would tsf to, then I clicked on 'Finish' when they had transferred.

But now it doesn't.

allblack
07-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Does the camera have a setting?

Some have a setting like mass storage or something else. Only one may work for transfer of files, while the other you can remote control the camera on the laptop (to take a picture) ......

No idea....it's not something I've looked for, seen or needed in the past.

It's quite an old Finepix S5000....so I'd doubt it! :cool:

And it tsf'd fine to the lappie, so I'm assuming the camera isn't the issue.

Sweep
07-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Plug the camera in and then go to My Computer. Another drive will probably be there with your pictures on it.

wainuitech
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
The wizard has been disabled somehow, simply re enable it Instructions here (http://www.tips4pc.com/Articles/Digital%20camera%20tips/where_is_the_automatic_scanner_a.htm) Even has pictures :D

AND if you are feeling really lazy, theres a Video Link (http://www.101pctips.com/2008/10/when-i-connect-my-digital-camera-to-my.html) down near the bottom of the article :)

How to do a 30 second alteration all wrapped up in a 7 minute video :p

allblack
07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks mate.

I got unstuck at Camera Tasks....what mine showed is not what was in the pics.

But I'll keep at it.

Cheers.

Sweep
07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Did you also try what I said in post #10?

FoxyMX
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Possibly relevant >>>> since I last d/loaded pics from the camera I've used a memory stick and copied a few pics onto that to take to work to get printed.

When you plugged the memory stick in, did you get a pop-up window asking what you wanted to do with it?

If you did, prior to this issue, do you still get it now?

FoxyMX
07-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Can you post a screenshot of what you do have? If you need to know how to take a screenie, have a look here (http://www.pressf1.co.nz/faq.php?faq=faq_pressf1_root#faq_pressf1_faq_07).

wainuitech
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks mate.

But I'll keep at it.

Cheers. Have a look at the Video - what part does it get to before its different ?