PDA

View Full Version : quota threshold exceeded

black
03-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi there, I keep getting email this from the mail administrator. I don't know how to increase the storage, as it also suggests. I have XP and outlook express. I've searched for a thread but doesn't seem to be one. Can any one help me with this please? thanks

Safari
03-02-2010, 05:46 AM
It normally means someone you are sending an email to has exceeded their mail box limit that their ISP allows.
The message usually refers to the email address that could not be delivered.
Until they delete some of the stored messages on the mail server it will not accept any new messages.

If the message was referring to you having exceeded you mailbox limit you need to go into your webmail and delete some of the stored messages on the server.
For messages to remain on the server you must have your Outlook Express set to leave a copy on the server.

wainuitech
03-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Had to fix that exact problem yesterday - the person is with Paradise (telstra).

They couldn't send or receive they had just over 100 emails on the server, all mails with no attachments- so only small.

In the end it appeared to be caused by the option to leave a copy on the server, once that was removed the emails could send (strange but I don't know why).
We logged into the web mail - What was really strange, was we selected the first two emails to delete, but before we could hit delete and all of a sudden the whole lot disappeared on their own - opened outlook express and it had fixed the problem.

Safari
03-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Had to fix that exact problem yesterday - the person is with Paradise (telstra).

They couldn't send or receive they had just over 100 emails on the server, all mails with no attachments- so only small.

In the end it appeared to be caused by the option to leave a copy on the server, once that was removed the emails could send (strange but I don't know why).
We logged into the web mail - What was really strange, was we selected the first two emails to delete, but before we could hit delete and all of a sudden the whole lot disappeared on their own - opened outlook express and it had fixed the problem.

OE must have done a check for new messages after you removed leave copy on server and deleted all messages in webmail would be my guess why they all disappeared.

wainuitech
03-02-2010, 07:45 AM
OE must have done a check for new messages after you removed leave copy on server and deleted all messages in webmail would be my guess why they all disappeared. Thats the strange thing it Appeared not to.

Sent 1 email to my own address, went through, didn't look for new messages. - Went into the web mail - she had a quick read ( about 10 minutes ) of the existing mails - nothing moved.

I put ticks in two check boxes , asked her was she sure she wanted to dump some - she reread a page and half again - then suddenly the whole lot disappeared. She had rung telstra the day before after talking to me on the phone - Telstra said there were no emails waiting and suggested it was her password that was wrong (which it wasn't) as that wouldn't stop people sending her mails -- ghosts maybe ??:)