PDA

View Full Version : firefox issues!!!

theother1
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
1/ when I close firefox and then open it again later there is another instance still running and it won't open again. I have to close down the computer and restart it to open FF again.
2/ sometimes won't open a new link (seems to be linked to above problem)
3/ I have set it up to delete my browsing history but save my passwords however it deletes all passwords (pain in the whatsit).

Does anyone have the solution to these annoyances.
I am running Vista home premium (yes I know I am the last person in the country still running it)

gary67
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Instead of doing a restart you can turn off the old instance in task manager. Not a fix I know but saves a reboot. Probably an addon I would start but turning them all off and turning them back on one at a time until you replicate the problem. Also try running Firefox safe mode. Start-FF folder select FF safe mode as it doesn't load any addons and see if it still does it then

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Are you using 3.6?? I know 3.5.7 did that on the other PC. I had to kill it, in task manager to run it again

theother1
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
No it is 3.5.7 Guess I will look for an update.

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
It should fix it. Since I've installed it on the other PC here, the message it used to bring up, hasnt come up again

theother1
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
all done we'll see how it goes. Thanks Guys:thanks

nerd89
01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I had the same problem with 3.5.7 and 3.6, might have been an add-on. Got tired of having to close firefox with taskmanager so downloaded chrome which has no glitches so far.

theother1
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Thought this was all fixed when I downloaded FF6.0. However it isn't. After closing Firefox some part of it remains running and blocks me opening FF again. I have tried ending process through Task Manager but that doesn't work. Just resolutely keeps on doing what it is doing. Any ideas?

Speedy Gonzales
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Well it sounds like something else is causing it. Since you should be able to kill it in task manager. What addons have you installed in FF?? Check the mozilla forum for your issue, or post your prob there. It happened on the other PC here the other day (1st time with 3.6). But I was able to kill it in task manager. Funny that it hasnt happened on this tho (using 64 bit). I think it has something to do with closing FF and then opening it straight away. It doesnt give it long enough to close down properly. Only thing to do is, wait a bit longer if this is what youre doing. Before you run FF again

Roger Hunt
03-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I would use MOZ Backup and backup all my settings,passwords,add-ons, etc and delete Firefox and do a fresh install. Then run the MOZ Backup again to restore them.

theother1
03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Checked the MOZ forum which indicated it could be a trojan. Did a full malwarebytes scan and it detected snadboys revelation as a hack tool. I have had this for some time but updated it recently. Could that be a problem? I have just used it when I couldn't remember my own passwords. I am getting to "that age".

Speedy Gonzales
03-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Possible. remove it and see if that fixes it

theother1
04-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Okay. Seems to be better. I will watch it. Thanks Speedy

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2010, 12:33 PM
cool