PDA

View Full Version : Desktop and Taskbar frozen

Insomnia
31-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi there.

I've had a problem with my computer for about 48 hours where the taskbar and desktop freeze so I can't click anything on them. The computer's fine, if a little slow, for around 30 seconds after I log on, but after that it freezes. At this point, I can't bring up any new windows within my computer, because if I'm in My Documents or any of the other locations in my files, I can't click on anything there either.

I thought the problem began when I got a virus with a downloaded, but I've deleted the file and as far as I can tell, there's no trace of it left on my computer. I've tried a System Restore, first to the 28th, but Norton blocked that one. I turned Norton off, undid the first Restore, and did it again, this time back to the 23rd. This hasn't had affected the problem at all.

My laptop is a Toshiba, and it currently has Windows 7. Sorry if I've included any unimportant information, but I'm trying to find a fix to this so I don't have to take it in and spend massive amounts of money. If anyone could help me with my problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Boot into safe mode / networking, and then post a hijackthis log. Its below

Insomnia
31-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the help. Looks like it'll take a little while to install, but I'll update on how it works.

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 10:15 PM
? Boot into safe mode / networking, then install it in safe mode. Then post a log here, so we can see whats in it. And get trojan remover below update it then click on scan. Then select all options under the utilities menu