PDA

View Full Version : Do double HDMI adapters exist?

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I know DVI - HDMI adapters exist. These dont carry sound tho, do they?

Do double HDMI adapters exist? So, you can plug 2 devices with HDMI, into 1 HDMI port? I see KVM switches with HDMI exist. BUT, this would switch between one or the other wouldnt it? You wouldnt get say a PC which uses HDMI and an Xbox to work / connect at the same time?

Otherwise, I'll probably have to get a DVI-HDMI adapter, then plug audio in to get sound. And just plug the HDMI from the Xbox to the HDMI input on the monitor instead

plod
31-01-2010, 09:12 PM
HDMI switch?
http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=hdmi+switch&sessionid=4b653bfc015781482740c0a87f3b06c3&asug=hdmi

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:20 PM
hmm, that may do the trick. May have to ring DSE or go in. To see if it'll work with more than 2 devices. Not just switch between them

Hopper
31-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I got one of these (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/TVs/Other/auction-268444255.htm).

Works perfectly with Xbox and Mysky into panasonic plasma.

Good trader too.

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Hmm nah dont want to use Trademe. Got no way of paying for it anyway

plod
31-01-2010, 09:45 PM
not sure if you have a jaycar within your travel requirements, but their have them as well, so will NL, HN and the likes

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Jaycar isnt too far about 15-20 mins walk. They MAY have them but will they work with 2+ devices, not just switch between them, so you can use one or the other?

plod
31-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Not entirely sure what you mean, but the switches are for multiple inputs to one output, so you can switch between the different sources with one screen. I presume that is what you are after

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 10:04 PM
2 things here have HDMI the Xbox and monitor. The monitor has only got 1 HDMI input (not 2).

What I was after, was something to connect to the videocard (which has HDMI onboard) to the monitor. And connect the Xbox to the monitor as well. So, i can use both of them at the same time (so I wont have to switch between both of them). If the switch can only use one or the other. thats not what I'm after

Or the other thing, I can do, is (I've been using DVI for the monitor, and HDMI to the Xbox). Since the HD AV adapter, and HDMI are too close together (to use both of them on the Xbox), can you connect both of them at the same time?? If so, is there an adapter, or do you use a thinner cable or what?

So, I can use the Xbox on the monitor, (say for games), and use the HD AV (on the Xbox) to connect to the TV. So, I can stream freeview from this to the TV (graphics using this cable sucks). Which is why I want to connect both connections (HDMI to the monitor - HD AV to the TV)

CYaBro
31-01-2010, 11:29 PM
When you say you want to use them both at the same time do you mean split screen? With xbox display on one half and pc on the other?

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I can switch between HDMI/VGA and DVI on the monitor. Since the monitor has all 3 connections. The videocard has DVI/VGA/HDMI as well

What I'm after, is (I'm using DVI from the case to the monitor now), and HDMI for the Xbox now.

But is it POSSIBLE to connect the HDMI (from the Xbox - to play games etc) to the monitor , and connect the HD AV cable to the TV (so I can stream freeview which is on this to the TV at the same time)?? Since I would rather play games on the monitor, since it uses HDMI (the TV doesnt). If so, WHAT would I buy ?? An adapter (obviously, it would have to be skinnier than what I'm using now, since the HD AV cable is too fat, the HDMI cable wont fit). But still watch / stream freeview (when I'm not playing a game, using the monitor, that is), from this (from the HD AV cable on the Xbox) to the TV.

Agent_24
01-02-2010, 01:40 AM
So you want to display it both on the TV and PC Monitor at the same time?

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2010, 08:36 AM
From the Xbox yer. To save me swapping the cables, all the time. I may not necessarily have the monitor and TV on at the same time.

As you can see, the HD AV cable in the 1st pic is too big, the HDMI cable wont fit underneath it. So, yup, what I want to do is get both cables to fit (this is if you can plug both in, I dont know, if you can or not)