PDA

View Full Version : office configures everytime i start it up

smithinator
30-01-2010, 05:23 PM
i just installed ms office on my laptop as well as my PC the install went fine and on the PC it works perfectly but on the laptop it configures its self every-time i open word,power point etc and it takes for ever to start, i have reinstalled a few times using revo uninstaller but it still does the same thing but when i try starting word in safe mode it works fine, what is causing this issue and what can i do to fix it?

P.s somethings you may need to know:

its ms office 2007 home and student ( multi-license version )
i have installed all updates for ms office
im running windows vista 32bit

if there is something i missed just ask

thanks in advance

wainuitech
30-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Install went bad thats all.

Found the following suggestion - No idea if it works or not as I dont have the problem to replicate it.

Apparently office programs are looking for this file each time they start (ID_00011.DPC) in this location

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
which causes the setup program to lunch every time.

Solution :

You will find a file named ID_00030.DPC

in the same location, make a copy of this file and rename the copy to ID_00011.DPC

now run any office program it will work..

Edited: That was quoted from Microsofts Technet site (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2007deploymentcompatibility/thread/7e14f498-485c-40c5-b522-d36d9b0c5697), by a person MazenBay - about 1/4 the way down the page. Just had a look for that file but I dont have the exact same one, I have This one (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/File_name1264826469.jpg) - But I'm Running Ultimate so it may be differently named.

smithinator
30-01-2010, 05:52 PM
i went there but i dont seem to be able to find that file either what should i do? i do however have a ID_1002f.dpc could this be it?

wainuitech
30-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Maybe someone who has Office 2007 H&S can look and see what their key is - I cant do it currently - doing BBQ and I would need to install Office on a workshop PC to test it.

Speedy Gonzales
30-01-2010, 06:34 PM
ID_00030.DPC is part of Office 07 Enterprise

gary67
30-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Same in mine

Sweep
30-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I have Office 07 pro with ID_00011.DPC

wainuitech
30-01-2010, 08:08 PM
By any chance is the Laptop a DELL ??

It look slike its a permission problem in the reg - Try this olsoution (http://dventhusiast.com/problems/vista-office-2007-installation-problems-stdole32tlb/) -- Make sure your not like me at the moment :banana BBQ time and a few beers :D

Serious though :nerd: - Make a restore point BEFORE playing with teh Reg in case it turns to custard.

smithinator
30-01-2010, 10:11 PM
the laptop was made by arche technologies i think who are based in christchurch, what do you mean by:

does that mean i should/shouldn't have the file you descibed above?

Speedy Gonzales
30-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I have no idea. Since yours is a student version. The files maybe different

GameJunkie
30-01-2010, 10:24 PM
i have office 07 H&S on W7 ultimate 64bit and have ID_1002F.DPC

wainuitech
30-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Just a suggestion, make a copy of the file you have as in Post #2, rename it as the suggestion says - See what happens - it will either fix it or not. I just did it on my Vista which has Office 2007 SBE - As shown here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/ID.jpg) - all that happened was word and excel opened quicker. Don't know if it will fix the problem you are having as I said before, cant replicate it. if it doesn't work, simply delete the copied file.

KarameaDave
30-01-2010, 10:57 PM
the laptop was made by arche technologies i think who are based in christchurch
For what it's worth, Arche is in Glenfield Auckland

http://www.arche.co.nz/customer-service

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Since its not a Dell, that eliminates a few problems - Dell have certain Apps that can conflict if the install doesn't go quite right.

If any of the previously mentioned suggestions dont work - you may need to TOTALLY remove office, not Via Revo as that still may not get it all.

Follow the instructions From Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/), uninstall Normally, then work through the folders / reg keys MS suggest to make sure they have actually gone - then when reinstalling, dont install it normally Via the wizard (at first) Cancel out or hold down the shift key to stop the auto run, then open the CD from Computer right click on Setup.exe run as administrator Example (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Office.jpg).

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Here's a tool to remove it completely (http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-technologies-discussions/28394-ripoutoffice2007-completely-uninstall-microsoft-office-2007-a.html). In the first post. It MAY work on any version. Does the EULA (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202) appear everytime you start an office program ?

smithinator
31-01-2010, 12:14 PM
no the user licence agreement does not come up every time just a small box saying configuring ms office one its done a bigger window comes up saying the same thing then it starts up after 20mins or so unless i start it in safe mode then it works like it should

smithinator
31-01-2010, 01:11 PM
i tried ripping out ms office and reinstalling the way wainuitech suggested it starts up a lot faster but still comes up with the small message box saying gathering required info then it starts normally, it is a lot better than before but how do i get it so it starts instantly like it should, should i try the registry thing suggested in a previous post? i also tried renaming that file but that didn't help

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 01:13 PM
So what steps have you tried so far - since posting. (see edited below)

Edited: OK replied while posting :)

Sometimes there is "no one fix"

The Reg thing -- Just make a restore point first - that way if it doesn't work, or makes it worse, simply run restore back.

Out of Interest -- Does it ask you to activate ?

Somethign else I just found post 3 (http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/892355.htm)

Open the reg - locate the .pip folder - right click it / permissions/ Select your Log in - put a tick in "full Control".

smithinator
31-01-2010, 01:22 PM
yes the first time it starts up after install it asks me to activate online which i do then it does its thing then never asks again, so i should try the reg thing as i have tried all the other suggestions which seems to have helped ( its actually usable now :D ) but its still not perfect
thanks so much for the help everyone

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Read above post - just added top it

smithinator
31-01-2010, 01:28 PM
sorry im not 100% sure i understand what i have to do

smithinator
31-01-2010, 01:32 PM
i just realized i still had the disk in the tray and now its been removed its taking ages to start again :(

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Uninstall it, use the tool I posted / reinstall it / update it

smithinator
31-01-2010, 02:48 PM
So what steps have you tried so far - since posting. (see edited below)

Edited: OK replied while posting :)

Sometimes there is "no one fix"

The Reg thing -- Just make a restore point first - that way if it doesn't work, or makes it worse, simply run restore back.

Out of Interest -- Does it ask you to activate ?

Somethign else I just found post 3 (http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/892355.htm)

Open the reg - locate the .pip folder - right click it / permissions/ Select your Log in - put a tick in "full Control".

i did uninstall with the software you posted and i also reinstalled it as an admin but it still does the same thing, i don't quite get the post above

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I assume you refer to the reg entry - open regedit - Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip Example (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/pip.jpg)

Right Click it ( the folder as highlighted on the left) , Click permissions, Click users ( in brackets will be your login name) Once selected - tick Full Control, Apply.

If you have a re read of the link previously, ( post above) in post #3 the person actually deleted the key, then Office "should" re create it.

If it's running from the CD, sounds a bit like its not fully installing, Office 07 actually copies the all the files it needs to the HDD for installing.

Just REMEMEBR when ever altering the Reg, make a back up/ restore before doing any alterations, that way you put it back if it turns turtle.

Sweep
31-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Also if you re-install do a custom install and install all features rather than leaving some to be installed on first use.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:09 PM
ok when i try editing it it comes up with a message

".pip cannot be opened
An error is preventing this key from being opened
details: access is denied"

then when i do get into it after a few goes and click permissions there is no user names under it should i try installing it again through custom install then try again?

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Try this (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2007deploymentcompatibility/thread/7e14f498-485c-40c5-b522-d36d9b0c5697).

The fix to the problem is very simple as it turns out - simply run the following commands by typing it into the Start/Run command box. Use the line with Office\11.0 if you have Office 2003 installed and Office\12.0 if you have Office 2007 installed. You can use both if you have both installed :

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1 - If you have Office 03

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1 - If you have Office 07

That is it. Office 2007 might want to have one more spin round the block with it's configuration dialog box, but that should be it.

I'm not sure if this fix will work with Windows 7, but I know it works with XP & Vista.

Or one of the other replies here

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:31 PM
ive never had to add anything to the registry how do i do it

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I just told you. Start / run, type cmd then type

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:38 PM
do i type all of this

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

or do i leave out reg add?

Sweep
31-01-2010, 06:40 PM
All of it.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:43 PM
and this will allow me to do the .pip thing?

Sweep
31-01-2010, 06:44 PM
No. It is instead of the pip thing.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:46 PM
oh OK cos it worked to an extent but it still takes a minute odd to start up but it is a lot better, should i try uninstalling it doing a custom reinstall and see if that works and if the same thing happens i could just re edit the registry and see if that helps or is there something else i need to do?

Sweep
31-01-2010, 06:49 PM
It may be running slower on the laptop because of different specs to the desktop too.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 06:53 PM
no it still is trying to gather the required data, except in excel, i get another message saying "stdole32.tlb" and then it takes for ever to start up like before

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Sounds like windows or that office install is screwed

Go to C:\Windows\System32\ and see if stdole32.tlb is there. You may have to show all files to see it. Read the rest of the replies in the link I posted

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 07:38 PM
This is going around in circles - its now getting the error by the looks, and a possible fix was was linked in a earlier post #8. Same link as number 8 (http://dventhusiast.com/problems/vista-office-2007-installation-problems-stdole32tlb/)

Its that the error message ? If so have a look again at that link -- Its not hard to do what it says, its basically copy/paste the code there, right click Merge.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:12 PM
what text editor should i use? oh and that file stdole32.tlb is there in system32

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Notepad is a text editor.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:22 PM
um when i try to install SubinACL it comes up with

"the windows installer service could not be accessed.this can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. contact your support personnel for assistance"

and without this i cant do the fix suggested in the thread what do i do?

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Well it would appear that the Installer service is broken which probably led to the error with Office in the first place.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
how do i go about fixing all of these errors?

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Try this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324516/en-us). Try looking in Google for the errors youre getting. You may get somewhere

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Or this link:-

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vista-the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed/

What version of Windows are you running?

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Or this link:-

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/vista-the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed/

What version of Windows are you running?

Vista 32 bit, in the 1st post

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:37 PM
see that's the thing i look for them yet the solutions they use just don't work for me like in this case win installer is running under services in msconfig and Ive never had this message pop up before today when i tried installing SubinACL, also when i put that registry thing in cmd that worked for the people that came up with it but for some reason not for me, sorry to be such a pain it seems like the more i uncover the more seems to be wrong with it :(

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Vista 32 bit, in the 1st post

Thanks. I could not be bothered reading that far back apparently.
The link I gave should work then I hope.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:45 PM
i went to the services thing and the settings where the way they are supposed to be and as i said its running in msconfig

Speedy Gonzales
31-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Get something like teamviewer. And I'll do it for you (the link I posted). I'll see if you followed it

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:50 PM
So download, extract and run the zip file contained in my post then and it should fix your installer problem.

Or have you done that already?

smithinator
31-01-2010, 09:53 PM
no as it said only do that if its not running in services which it is, ill download team viewer in a moment

p.s note the pc is girly as its my mothers pc :)

wainuitech
31-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Can you try something -- click start type in cmd in the results, right click it/ run as administrator.

Type in sfc /scannow <press Enter> (note space between c / )

See if it runs all the way through checking files. this is the inbuilt System File checker - its meant to look for and repair/replace any missing, damaged / corrupted files.

IF this doesn't run as administrator , or errors - Seriously, going by the first post, if the Laptop has corrupted files /Install, it will be forever giving problems.

sorry to be such a pain it seems like the more i uncover the more seems to be wrong with it NARRRRRRRRRR Not a pain -- look at it as a challenge :D

The best solution sometimes is to wipe the drive and do a fresh install - after saving all your data so you can put it back later.

p.s note the pc is girly as its my mothers pc Sure, thats what they all say :p ;) Only kidding.

Sweep
31-01-2010, 09:58 PM
It actually said if the previous does not help then download and run the zip file.

smithinator
31-01-2010, 10:01 PM
um my pc just froze and i had to pull the plug as ctrl alt del wasn't working so i might have to give it a miss as its failing to go past the black screen with the cursor:( hopefully it will work tomorrow :badpc:

smithinator
01-02-2010, 10:14 AM
ok still isnt working may be the end of my mothers poor laptop :crying? guess ill have to take it in thanks so much for all of your help it is very much appreciated, does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? it starts into the main bios/mob screen fine then onto the screen telling me windows shutdown incorrectly and then after that any option i choose it goes onto a blank screen with the cursor and then nothing :badpc:

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Well pulling the plug out wont help things. You've probably corrupted something

wainuitech
01-02-2010, 10:33 AM
a blank screen with the cursor and then nothing

1st make sure there is No CD in the optical drive - as it may be trying to boot from that.

2nd - corrupted Operating system.

Sweep
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Stuffed registry?

smithinator
01-02-2010, 11:12 AM
ok well at least its not dead ill just get puppy linux and use that to retrieve files then ill clean install the os, thanks for the help hopefully reinstalling the os will fix my ms office problem :)