PDA

View Full Version : Internet Express tool bars

effie c
27-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi,
I have had I/E stop access to Telecom website>accounts etc-saying I have "tried to access more than 3 times" >restart your browser" and try again---nothing

Went to Firefox- everythings works perfectly

sent an e mail to Telcom who have just sent the reply--only two days wait
;-)
Now an e mail from Telecom tells me I have to delete cookies etc >delete offline content> etc etc

Now I find my sins have caught up with me----I had, sometime ago,deleted several toolbars including "ask" which Speedy says is Malware> and even "tools" on the I/E bar--now it looks like I should have them back---yeah right---HOW?

How do I get them back
How do I uninstall I/E and re install?
hoping to get those tool bars back>

Can someone help please?
:waughh:

effie c

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Ah no dont reinstall the ask toolbar. It isnt needed, and isnt part of IE or telecom's site. Its probably locked you out for so long till it resets. Since it sounds like you typed in the wrong username / password. Use ccleaner or something, and then run it so it removes temp files / cache etc

effie c
27-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Speedy

Firefox has none of these troubles- no I even got a temporary password from Telecom- same answer even after an hour trying to get Manilla to talk comprehensible english, was finally sent to Auckland and got some sense
still locked out.

BUT Firefox is accessing my Telecom account without diffulculty

What I wonder, is have I deleted all the other tool bars in Int / Ex: -if so how do I get them back.

I have run Ccleaner, no change, and I cannot find how to re install I/E blowed if I can
:dogeye:

effie c

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Toolbars have nothing to do with logging into your account. Run IE then go to tools / internet options. Advanced tab. Click on reset. Then quit it, then open it then reconfigure it

feersumendjinn
27-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Save/export your favourites/bookmarks before you reset (if you want them :))

Sweep
27-01-2010, 06:10 PM
You could always try right click up the top near the menu on an unused area. This will allow you to turn menu bars and toolbars on.

pcuser42
27-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Also, you cannot reinstall IE as it is a core part of Windows. You can only upgrade.

Sweep
27-01-2010, 06:26 PM
And it's not Internet Express either. Made me wonder if you were talking about Outlook Express Effie_C.

But I see you got email so I presume not.

pcuser42
27-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Internet Exploder might be a better term. :p

Sweep
27-01-2010, 06:39 PM
It's also not express on a dial up connection for that matter. :waughh:

effie c
27-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi all
Yes I meant Internet Explorer-- age must be upon me-thanks all

Sweep, your showing how to get my tools tool bar back, worked---that was what I was so stuck on--I cleared history > cookies,etc etc----and I am away back in business-- thanks to YOU, once again.

This was my headache- how to regain that bar without re-installing again- and that apparently is not possible anyway

I just tried accessing my account using Internet Explorer--bingo, it works like Firefox does-- and am I glad of that !:blush:

I hope I can live long enough to reach all and every problem in computering--by my self -yeah RIGHT !!

Still, thanks to all

effie c

Sweep
27-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Glad it worked.

sroby
28-01-2010, 11:33 AM
IE works much better without the plethora of toolbars many users seem to love.
Absolutely NO NEED FOR ANY OF THEM.

You do know they are often 'data miners' :even google toolbar.

best fix is to default IE: control panel, internet options, advanced, 'reset'