PDA

View Full Version : Flash Player

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I have asked this question before but since then have been told the reson the PC con not acess the website http://www.wotif.com/ is because Flash Player needs too be reinstalled. Is this correct?
Thanks Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Pass look in add/remove programs / or programs and features. Does Adobe flash player appear here? Does Java appear here as well?

inphinity
27-01-2010, 12:13 PM
How does the page display?

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks Speedy, its not here at the moment but will have a look when i can.
Cheers Wayne

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi inphinity, Thats the problom it dosen't. Other websites are okay.
Thanks Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Well if flash isnt installed, you wont know if its the prob, till you install it

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry misunderstanding, the pc has vista home as os they have been told Flash player needs to be reinstalled as the reson the website wont load. Could that be correct? It use to work okay but now wont load wotif.com. Can i down load flash player and install it with out reinstalling the whole os or do i need to do something else?
Cheers
Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 08:22 PM
So does adobe flash player appear in programs and features, or not? If it doesnt, then you have to install it. Its not part of windows, so you wont have to reinstall windows. Download it from here (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/). Use IE to go here. Otherwise, it'll install it for firefox. Untick google toolbar, you dont need it

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Haven"t managed to get back to it, will try tomorrow. I see flash player is not installed on this laptop and it can access wotif.com, so i am thinking that it may not be the problem.
Cheers Wayne

Sweep
27-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Looks like that site does not use flash. I was able to access it here with IE8 64 bit with no flash installed.

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Good point Sweep. Could be something thats installed thats blocking it. I've never heard of any site having to have flash anyway, just to get it to load. It'll load whether its installed or not (unless its dead / down). So whoever told you flash has to be installed, they dont know what theyre talking about

Sweep
27-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I had a look at the source and I could see nothing requiring flash.

I used IE8 64 as there is not a flash player for it anyway as far as I know.

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Correct again. Adobe say there maybe after 10.1 is out. But pigs fly too

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks guys well that clears up one thing thanks. They have Violla for wireless to there guests and use a program call Calrista (spelling??) a online booking system.If i do a HJT log will this help?
Cheers Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Who's they? Post a log if you want to. But if you can go to any other site, it probably wont help

WayneMiddy
27-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Goes to any other site, might take my laptop to see if i can access the site though there wireless network.
Cheers Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Well why didnt you SAY it was wireless when you started this thread? See if it works on ethernet. If it does, then the wireless is probably dead (if none of the computers can go anywhere

WayneMiddy
28-01-2010, 12:06 AM
No No the wireless is working other guests are using it the PC with the issue not being able to access wotif.com is working fine, recieving emails and can access other sites I was just wonderoing if it could be the modem or isp (Telsta Clear) blocking that site.
Wayne

Speedy Gonzales
28-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Well, post a log from the laptop/PC that cant get to the site. So, theres only one PC that cant get to this site, right? And the rest can? Or none of them can get access to this site? I doubt telstra are blocking it. Altho the only way you'll find out, is to ring them and ask.

inphinity
28-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Good spotting Sweep - theres no Flash content on the site, so no, Flash isn't the cause of the problem. Try clearing all the temp internet files, cookies, etc?

Screenshot of what the result is when trying to browse to the site? What IP does it resolve to if you try to ping?

WayneMiddy
29-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi all, Called in today its now working okay not sure why, thanks for the help. Cheers Wayne