PDA

View Full Version : The System Administrator Has Set Policies To Prevent This Installation Error Message

JoJo
27-01-2010, 03:00 AM
I am using Windows Vista 32bit.

I had to format my laptop. When I tried to install my copy of Paint Shop Pro X2, I get this error message EVERY time. I have done every fix on the web, apart from the registry editing because no one bothers to tell me how to actually get to the registry.

I've even through threads on this forum and none of it helps.

Anyone have any ideas what else Im supposed to do?

gary67
27-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Have a try with using the real admin account.

You may have admin rights but its NOT the real Admin account, this could be the problem.

click on the start type in cmd right click, run as administrator. In the CMD box type in net user administrator /active:yes

once it says command successful - type in exit, reboot the PC, now you will see the real Administrator account, log into that.

Rerun the exe

once its all good, to rehide that admin account, same command as above but /active:no

Roger Hunt
27-01-2010, 12:26 PM
If you don't know how to get into the registry maybe you shouldn't go there. Changes you make there are not so easy to repair.

feersumendjinn
27-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Or just right-click on the setup.exe in Paint Shop Pro and then left-click Run As Administrator in that menu.

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Speaking of that program, x3 has just been released. Only thing is, its bigger than x2. 447mb