PDA

View Full Version : Poor guy

lance4k
26-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Poor guy just wanted to stop kids littering on his property:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3263599/Vigilante-warning-after-over-gun-allegation

What would have happened if he pointed the gun at them while he was on his private property instead of on the street? Would that be legal? Because i know if you swear in public it's illegal but if you swear on private property it's NOT illegal.

gary67
26-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Pointing a gun at someone is illegal wherever you are

Terry Porritt
26-01-2010, 08:04 PM
The police only came because there was an air rifle involved. If the bloke had just called the cops as they suggested, he would still be waiting....waiting....waiting.... Who on earth thinks police would respond to a call about a hoon throwing a can onto a lawn....it's a dream world :rolleyes:

royaloaks
26-01-2010, 08:19 PM
He is lucky the mongrels didn't beat and kick him to death. Thats the usual scenario.

rob_on_guitar
27-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Alleged that he pulled a gun, then they found an air rifle?
So a brat says that man pulled a gun on me and the police just take their word for it? They search his house and find a rifle and say 'that will do'.

lance4k
27-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Pointing a gun at someone is illegal wherever you are

what about self defence? someone comes into a person's house and attacks the house owner,house owner runs to get his gun, points it at the attacker. That's legal isn't it?

Sweep
27-01-2010, 08:14 PM
The gun should be locked up in a secure place.

gary67
28-01-2010, 05:48 AM
what about self defence? someone comes into a person's house and attacks the house owner,house owner runs to get his gun, points it at the attacker. That's legal isn't it?

What sort of fool are you, of course it's not legal despite what you want to think it is still illegal and if you tried it you would be charged.

lance4k
28-01-2010, 02:03 PM
What sort of fool are you, of course it's not legal despite what you want to think it is still illegal and if you tried it you would be charged.

well sorry man your wrong:

http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/man-who-killed-friend-not-guilty-murder-or-manslaughter/5/28043

Man shot his friend in self-defence found not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

So if a person threw litter on the guys property, then maybe it could be seen as self defence if the property owner pointed a gun at the person to try and make the person not throw litter on his property again.

Gobe1
28-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Torino

R2x1
28-01-2010, 03:02 PM
SMACKING is illegal; shooting if carried out with reverent and educational motivation is fine. In fact under some interpretations of the treaty it may be compulsory.

Sweep
28-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I suggest you stop taking the medication lance4k. Or if you're not taking medication I suggest you start.

gary67
28-01-2010, 05:34 PM

http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/man-who-killed-friend-not-guilty-murder-or-manslaughter/5/28043

Man shot his friend in self-defence found not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

So if a person threw litter on the guys property, then maybe it could be seen as self defence if the property owner pointed a gun at the person to try and make the person not throw litter on his property again.

Doesn't make it legal just means his lawyer convinced the jury not to convict. Totally different to what's legal or not

Cicero
28-01-2010, 06:02 PM
John Wayne would have sorted them!

Metla
28-01-2010, 06:08 PM

I have noticed that you're always wrong,without fail.

Your allowed to use enough force to stop someone assaulting you, anymore and then your assaulting them.

Personally I'd be quite happy to shoot any filthy piece of **** that decided they had the right to be in my property but in the eyes of the law thats overkill (thats the way I like it Baby, No one wants to live forever)

Having said that, Presenting a gun for littering?, That's just silly.

and Don't forget the Joker.