PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried a previous windows media center remote, in/on windows 7 media center?

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2010, 12:17 PM
A mate has a remote for some previous version (2005 I think). Just wondering if it'll work in Windows 7, or not

CYaBro
26-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yup, I've got one of the original MS remotes that worked in XP MCE, Vista and also works in Windows 7.
They all have the drivers built in.
They don't work in XP Home or Pro unless you get the drivers from somewhere and may be the same with Vista Home Basic as it doesn't include Windows Media Center.

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Sweet thats good to hear. The tuner here doesnt work in Vista MC anyway (dont have the TVPack, that comes with the OEM version). It cant detect it (in Vista MC).

Ta

CYaBro
26-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Flag that last comment from me :D
They do work in Vista Home Basic, I just remembered I did run that on my HTPC for a few months at one stage and the remote worked.

GameJunkie
26-01-2010, 04:52 PM
i tried my remote which came with my hp laptop when it had vista.

running 7 now and the remote works perfectly

Speedy Gonzales
26-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Cool ok then. Well, just have to remember to get the remote sometime. And try it out. I'll probably connect it through the Xbox and chuck it on the TV. Just have to find some adapter (if they exist, for the Xbox). So, I can connect HDMI and the HD AV adapter, at the same time. Since some bright spark @ MS put them too close together. To save me swapping them all the time