PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Reinstall

Happy Harry
25-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Guys

I have a corporate customer who have just had a major disaster and lost most of their PCs due to a water leak within the building.
Most of the PCs have been replaced but we have an issue with one user who had Photoshop on their PC. It is version 6 we believe, but the company does not wish to by a new version ($1400). This one user has a huge amount of work done in Photoshop and needs to keep using it. As with most corporate customers, the original disks were taken off site and have of course been lost to the winds of time. Their IT department says that they can load the old version from the old (wet) drive (if we can get it going) onto the new drive in the new PC. I canít see how this can be done as it would have to be "installed" as opposed to copied.
Has anyone heard or seen this being done, as this has me intrigued.

Cheers
HH

Speedy Gonzales
25-01-2010, 07:00 PM
You could probably copy the files (if theyre already installed), but you would have to export the registry entries as well. So the system knows it exists etc. Or else its not going to work

Poppa John
25-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Woudnt Adobe give you a replacement if you explained the problem? When the program was originally installed, it would have been regisered. Surely Adobe would have those details & give you a free download? Worth a try. PJ