PDA

View Full Version : List of hardware installed

georgenz
24-01-2010, 04:38 PM
We have a PC that was built by a local company (Ultra) a few years ago and I am going to re-install XP onto it, but I am aware I will need to download the drivers again. Is there a program I can run that will give me a list of things like hard drives / sound card / video card etc and anything else I might need to make finding the drivers easier?

Sweep
24-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Everest is likely to help.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

Speedy Gonzales
24-01-2010, 04:57 PM
pcwizard. Altho you'll probably have to install the chipset drivers, before any program will know whats in it. Easiest way, open the case, and see what the brand/model of the mobo is. Or look in device manager. Take note of whats installed

pctek
24-01-2010, 05:32 PM
We have a PC that was built by a local company (Ultra) a few years ago and I am going to re-install XP onto it, but I am aware I will need to download the drivers again.

Take the side off and look at the motherboard model number.
Etc.

Erayd
24-01-2010, 05:58 PM
'lshw' on Linux is also a great tool for this kind of thing. Note it's a CLI tool.

Sweep
24-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Not sure but I take it that you have XP installed already as you say re-install.

Do you currently have an operating system installed?

12steps
25-01-2010, 11:15 AM
driver magician is a great tool for backing up/restoring drivers after a reinstall...save yourself alot of time and hassle :)