PDA

View Full Version : What is the cheapest place to register a .co.nz domain?

Timbo
23-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Also whats a good value web hosting company with cpanel? Best I know is cirtexhosting.com, but they get down time issues.

I'm thinking of opening a online shop with oscommerce. Will I get any issues installing it automaically with cpanel/ fantasico? Or is it better to learn to install it manually?

HAL9000
23-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I use OpenHost. They have been reliable and responsive to my emailed support questions.

Just a suggestion but also consider ZenCart. It is basically a fork of the original OSCommerce development. I tinkered with both years ago and decided that I preferred ZenCart.

robbyp
24-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Also whats a good value web hosting company with cpanel? Best I know is cirtexhosting.com, but they get down time issues.

I'm thinking of opening a online shop with oscommerce. Will I get any issues installing it automaically with cpanel/ fantasico? Or is it better to learn to install it manually?

I use Superhost and have been for about 5 years without any problems and find their support really good, and they are based in NZ. They do use cpanel. I personally wouldn't use fantastico to install OS commerce, because the versions in Fantastico I have found are older than going to the actual website and downloading it. OS commerce is pretty easy to install, it is just uploading the files, and setting up a database in cpanel, really easy, and heaps of youtube tutorials on the web to show you. Personally I find zen cart is better than oscommerce.

stu161204
24-01-2010, 02:02 AM
The cheapest place I have found to register a .nz domain name is: http://www.domains4less.co.nz/

Chris09
24-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm a fan of www.freeparking.co.nz - perhaps not the cheapest, but I find the easiest to use, with good support and tools.

Renmoo
24-01-2010, 10:22 AM
The cheapest place I have found to register a .nz domain name is: http://www.domains4less.co.nz/
And do take advantage of the Tuesday's discount!

Timbo
26-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Just a suggestion but also consider ZenCart. It is basically a fork of the original OSCommerce development. I tinkered with both years ago and decided that I preferred ZenCart.

I seen zen cart before, but it looks horrible, All the shops I shop at are in Oscommerce, I just love its functionallity.

Is there anyway to make zen cart use Oscommerce default skin? I'm keen for zen cart, but I have to fix its appearance first. Oscommerce seems to be still sucessful dispite not being updated for 3 years.:S

robbyp
26-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I seen zen cart before, but it looks horrible, All the shops I shop at are in Oscommerce, I just love its functionallity.

Is there anyway to make zen cart use Oscommerce default skin? I'm keen for zen cart, but I have to fix its appearance first. Oscommerce seems to be still sucessful dispite not being updated for 3 years.:S

The visual look is just a skin. You can customise or design skins for both. Zen cart was built from OS Commerce, so it is newer and more upto date.

robbyp
26-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm a fan of www.freeparking.co.nz - perhaps not the cheapest, but I find the easiest to use, with good support and tools.

Very small amount of hosting diskspace for the amount you pay.

Chris09
26-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Very small amount of hosting diskspace for the amount you pay.

Isn't he talking about the topic of registering a domain? That's all I use them for, otherwise for all else I use www.siteground.com - they are awesome. The best.