PDA

View Full Version : Harassment from BidNZ

Cato
23-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Over the last two days I have received 3 calls from BIDNZ (some crappy auction site). Obviously with their number hidden.

They demand to know my number and email address. Twice I have declined and told them no. But enough is enough.
This is nothing short of harassment. It was the same person calling all three times.

I will be lodging a complaint with telecom on monday.

Anyone else get a call(s) from them?

Metla
23-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Nope, But I hope I do.

Should have made the title Bidnz are scum, Just for the google of it.

johcar
23-01-2010, 05:57 PM
They rang me a couple of weeks ago and I hung up on the idiot, who wanted my email address too. Bugger that!

Hasn't called back though :)

Interestingly Flagfox indicates the server is located at Mt Eden Prison! :D

That would explain a lot!

Cato
23-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Interestingly Flagfox indicates the server is located at Mt Eden Prison! :D

????? :eek:

johcar
23-01-2010, 06:26 PM
????? :eek:

http://geotool.flagfox.net/?ip=119.224.132.33&host=bidnz.co.nz

Cato
23-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Brilliant. We all pay for the calls these criminals use to harass us! Simply brilliant!

somebody
23-01-2010, 06:41 PM
After a quick search, it looks like the guy behind BidNZ is the same guy who has been responsible for a number of scams (NZBOL, NZBO, and other "online directories" which send small business invoices for a "renewal" of a service they never subscribed to).

See:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10605345
http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/don-t-pay-invoice-3073351

FoxyMX
23-01-2010, 07:48 PM
They demand to know my number and email address. Twice I have declined and told them no. But enough is enough.

Just give them the email address of one of the forum's spammers. ;) :D

bob_doe_nz
23-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Or copy one of the addresses of one of the spammers we get :blush:

Roscoe
24-01-2010, 06:38 PM
If giving them your email address means that they will stop calling you, why not give them a third party address?

Have a look at mailinator.com where you can make up any address that you want. Tell him your address is anything@mailinator.com and all the mail will go there, not to you.

I have used mailinator for years. Have a look at their site. I'm certain that you will like the idea.

Jen
24-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Just give them the email address belonging to the Bidnz registrant:

Registrant contact email: jaymastersingh@gmail.com

Just in case you missed it (and yes, I'm talking to you cute wee spambots!) here it is again:

jaymastersingh@gmail.com
jaymastersingh@gmail.com

johcar
24-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately, being a Gmail account, any spam that is sent his way will most likely get caught and moved into his Spam folder...

But what the hell:

jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com

KarameaDave
24-01-2010, 07:02 PM
me play too!!

jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com
jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com jaymastersingh@gmail.com

george12
24-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I got the $98+GST invoice from NZBOL back in October and immediately complained to the Commerce Commission. It's pure and simple fraud and deserves a very large fine.

They never got back to me...

somebody
24-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I got the $98+GST invoice from NZBOL back in October and immediately complained to the Commerce Commission. It's pure and simple fraud and deserves a very large fine.

They never got back to me...

The director of the company claimed the invoices were "accidentally" sent out and got away with it.

george12
24-01-2010, 10:16 PM
The director of the company claimed the invoices were "accidentally" sent out and got away with it.

I'm sure the comcom could do better though. Their phone system (which I called) is clearly set up to handle the totally expected mass "unsubscription" calls about their invoices.

"If you have received an invoice and would like to cancel it, press 2"

It's not a possibility at all that it was accidental. They had to delibarately get the contact details from somewhere - I bet it was the Yellow Pages. I'm pretty disappointed it wasn't pursued further.

sarahk
04-03-2010, 02:31 PM

They never got back to me...The commerce commission have wheels that turn so very slowly but they are aware of these guys.

I'm waiting to hear if they're still going to sue me for defamation (you need deep pockets to do that) but thats not going to stop me putting an alert up about this nonsense.

Thanks for posting it!