PDA

View Full Version : How to delete Temporary Internet Files?

06-08-2001, 08:59 PM
OK, I know what you are all thinking: just go into your web browser (I have Internet Explorer) and click on 'Delete Temporary Files' from the Cache. Yes, OK, this does work BUT the problem is that there is a folder on my system called 'Temporary Internet Files 2' (note the 2 'two'), and if I right click this and check 'Properties' it says there is nearly 90 Mb - BUT the strange thing is that I cannot see any of the files EVEN IF I CHECK 'View all hidden files'. The only place that I can see the files is doing an anti-virus scan (the AV system shows them on the directory tree). Even if I try to 'Select All' and delete, nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks.

06-08-2001, 09:32 PM
...the problem you outline is quite common with IE5x and may I suggest you use your 'Find' function off the Start bar to locate the 90mb you refer to.

Type 'C\Windows\Temporary Internet Files' in the Named box and 'C' (the letter for your main drive) in the Look in box.
[In your case you might have to type 'temporary internet files 2' as indicated]

You may then delete the Temporary files that the search locates.

One possible explanation for you having this extra Temporary cache is that, at some time, the location of your temp. files was changed.

Cheers!!!

e_

06-08-2001, 11:25 PM
...oops, my apologies - a small correction to the above.

In the Named Box, place an ':' after the 'C' so that it reads:

C:\Windows\etc

(blush!!!)

e_