PDA

View Full Version : Shortut Key for Taskmanager

berryb
20-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Before everyone says ctrl/shift/Esc read below.

When doing a repair XP OS install when it gets to the enter product key stage this is where I want to access the Task Manager and the above keys do not work.

The reason is if there is no licence code on the case or been lost, from the “enter product key stage” open task manager and from here can run a program off USB drive to find the code.

I have done this before, know it works and thought F10 was one of the key combinations but it was a long time ago and forgotten.

nedkelly
20-01-2010, 08:14 AM
ctrl alt delete.
Wait are you running it from inside xp? If so try the shortcut to show desktop, Windows key and D

berryb
20-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Doing a repair install via booting from CD. Windows Key doesn't do much. Have tried many combinations but haven't found the one I want. Ended up using a code from another PC but would still like to know what it is.

Agent_24
20-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I think you can press one of the F keys to bring up command line, from there you can probably launch task manager.

Or you can just look at the drive in a different PC, and extract the key from one of the registry hives.

http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/windows-xp-product-key-recovery/

nmercer
20-01-2010, 02:22 PM
SHIFT+F10 ?

berryb
20-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Tried all the F keys along with shift+F10 and many others.

Thanks for the link Agent.

wainuitech
20-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Theres a hell a lot easier way, even with a system that's totally unbootable.

Use Ultimate Boot CD 4 windows (UBCD4Win)

Boot from the CD, gives a windows interface - once booted,

Start >Programs > System Information > Info. and Diag. Tools > Keyfinder. ( its magic jelly Bean)

From Tools > Load Hive -- Navigate to C:\Windows And bingo the product key.

You can download UBCD4Win from This location (http://ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm) -- Just a warning, some AV's say its a virus, its NOT, so either disable your antivirus or use linux to download it.