PDA

View Full Version : Help having problems with wolfenstein

Skipperhy
19-01-2010, 11:31 AM
After installing the game when i try to start it it pops up with a screen, looks like it will work, and then i get this
"GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Please help

i know it has to do with a graphics card, but how do i fix it?
i have a "Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller"

Please help this game looks pretty cool

GameJunkie
19-01-2010, 11:39 AM
what graphics card do you have?

try seeing if there is a updated driver from the makers site

Speedy Gonzales
19-01-2010, 11:40 AM
You may need a better videocard. read this (http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/2006/)

Trev
19-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller isn't a proper graphics card for gaming, as Speedy said.
:)

pctek
19-01-2010, 02:48 PM
"GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

i know it has to do with a graphics card, but how do i fix it?
i have a "Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller"

By buying a real graphics card - one that meets the Recommended specs of the game.
That you have is integrated graphics which is useful for nothing.

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 03:42 PM
If you install the latest driver it might work, but it might offload the unsupported features to the CPU and run really slowly.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to buy a better graphics card.

SolMiester
19-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Thats a good game really, running the demo myself. may just be worth buying

pctek
19-01-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not even close.

HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
RAM: 1GB RAM
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)

Skipperhy
19-01-2010, 05:17 PM
i have no idea how the cards transfer over to even know what my equivalent is in the other types of cards, i will try to upgrade the driver, anyone know where i can do this?

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 05:26 PM
You can get the latest driver from Intel.com but after seeing the system requirements Pctek posted, there's no point.

That game will simply not run on that video card. You're just going to have to upgrade your hardware

feersumendjinn
19-01-2010, 05:47 PM
You may find if you have recently reinstalled your operating system (XP?), and haven't installed the motherboard video (and other/s?) driver that it is running on XP's generic driver which doesnt support Opengl, downloading the driver from the mobo maker will help if that's the case, but will still run slowly, you need a proper 3D video card to run this game. Hopefully your computer/motherboard is modern enough to take an AGP card at least (don't think an 845g chipset will take anything later, and hopefully you have an AGP slot). Your game and card speed will also be limited by your CPU/FSB speed so ultimately it's probably upgrade time. :)

i will try to upgrade the driver, anyone know where i can do this?
Tell us what motherboard brand/model (or computer brand/model) and operating system, and we'll see what we can find. You may find you have a driver cd with a full driver.

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 07:07 PM
It's an Intel 82845G.

The latest driver will be available from Intel.

Whoever made the motherboard will have drivers but they will probably be a million years out of date.

pctek
20-01-2010, 08:11 AM
You may find if you have recently reinstalled your operating system (XP?), and haven't installed the motherboard video (and other/s?) driver that it is running on XP's generic driver .

Forget drivers.

The integrated graphics WILL NOT cope with this game.

Games require Graphics Cards. Decent ones.

inphinity
20-01-2010, 01:34 PM
i have no idea how the cards transfer over to even know what my equivalent is in the other types of cards, i will try to upgrade the driver, anyone know where i can do this?

There is no equivalent, Intel integrated graphics are purely for desktop / workstation use and very basic gaming. It's like trying to enter an F1 race with a BMX.

pctek
20-01-2010, 01:47 PM
There is no equivalent, Intel integrated graphics ............. It's like trying to enter an F1 race with a BMX.

:lol:

Trev
20-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Software Requirements

* Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP or Windows Vista(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
* Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included & required for Windows XP & Vista)

Hardware Requirements

* CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
* RAM: 1GB RAM
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
* Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
* Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
* Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer
:)

feersumendjinn
20-01-2010, 10:30 PM
downloading the driver from the mobo maker will help if that's the case, but will still run slowly, you need a proper 3D video card to run this game. Hopefully your computer/motherboard is modern enough to take an AGP card at least (don't think an 845g chipset will take anything later, and hopefully you have an AGP slot). Your game and card speed will also be limited by your CPU/FSB speed so ultimately it's probably upgrade time.
This is what I said as well, PCTEK :annoyed:

Forget drivers.

The integrated graphics WILL NOT cope with this game.

Games require Graphics Cards. Decent ones.

pctek
21-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes we have. A number of times.