PDA

View Full Version : Good Old Nortons

pctek
18-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Or actually the new one.

NIS 2010 Happy with everything.

I was wondering why an almost new Win7 laptop with 4GB was running like a handicapped snail.

31 spyware removals later and so many trojan removals I lost count it now runs like greased lightning.

NIS 2010 has been consigned to the rubbish bin.

PinoyKiw
18-01-2010, 03:52 PM
A lady that I know went and got last years NIS from Dick Smiths after going to the trouble of asking me what i thought of the product, advised her that in my opinion there were better products to suit her needs, some of them free but in the end she went and got NIS based partly on it being sale price and then complained that her system had slowed, some sites wouldn't open, etc.

Again suggested she uninstall and get one of several suggestions but she persisted with it till it came up for renewal and finally dumped it for I think Avast and more recently she has swapped for the new MS security one.

In this case, price was one of the driving factors and the idea that somehow a paid for product would be better than a free one.

Sometimes you just want to wring there necks, they ask for advice and then go off on a different track and then complain.

wainuitech
18-01-2010, 03:55 PM
4GB was running like a handicapped snail. :lol: :lol: :lol::thumbs:

Sometimes you just want to wring there necks, they ask for advice and then go off on a different track and then complain. Common one I think most Techs get is -- "I brought XYZ Product - What do you think of it --Its OK isn't it" :rolleyes: ( why ask - you brought the damn thing already)

Billy T
18-01-2010, 04:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol::thumbs: ( why ask - you brought the damn thing already)

Perhaps nobody told them not to bruy it!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) ;)

Orca
18-01-2010, 04:50 PM
lol nice Billy.

wratterus
18-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Heh heh, just today I had a Win7 machine with NIS2010, it was causing the machine to BSOD when it was scanning. There wasn't even any malware on the PC! :badpc:

xyz823
18-01-2010, 05:19 PM
lol nice Billy.

7 posts = Elite?

R2x1
18-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Just wait until it hits 10 posts. ;)

Cicero
18-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I must remember to take my hat off.

R2x1
18-01-2010, 09:47 PM
De-foiled?

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Perhaps nobody told them not to bruy it!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) ;)

That's the thing though, you tell them not to, and they still do!

Someone once asked me about Antivirus programs, I told them if they were going to pay for one they should get NOD32, or just not pay and use Avast! or AntiVir free.

I specifically told them that Norton was useless and slows your system down, and that AVG runs faster but still isn't that great.

So they went ahead against my recommendation (why did they ask me in the first place?) and bought either AVG or Norton (can't remember which) - because their cousin or someone told them it was good. :angry

Sweep
19-01-2010, 01:28 AM
It is still the same old story. What may have been good ten years ago may not be good today.

What is good today may not be good in a week.

Currently I use MSE and I used to use Avast and before I used AVG.

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 02:51 AM
NIS 2010 Happy with everything.

I was wondering why an almost new Win7 laptop with 4GB was running like a handicapped snail.

Symantec: "The new install time is blazingly fast, and should clock in for most users at under or around one minute"

Translation: You get to ruin your computer faster!

KarameaDave
19-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Symantec: "The new install time is blazingly fast, and should clock in for most users at under or around one minute"

Translation: You get to ruin your computer faster!:lol::lol::lol: