PDA

View Full Version : Opel Astra Side Mirror

aidanmaz
18-01-2010, 02:24 PM
My mother managed to smash her new Opel Astra driver side mirror on my fence, and the casing came off, and cracked the glass. Obviously it wont pass the warrant, and i was wondering where to source a new one, its electric mirrors so i guess i would be looking to replace the whole thing

Cato
18-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah, contact Holden and Opel wreckers, should be easy to source.

Usually go at about $120-160.

hueybot3000
18-01-2010, 07:45 PM
look on trademe, 50 bucks there abouts

roddy_boy
18-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I thought that for a warrant you only have to have 2 mirrors, so the rear vision mirror and the other wing mirror should be all good?

Perhaps I was misinformed.

Sweep
18-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Perhaps or maybe or even possibly.

It depends on what you believe.

For a WOF the said vehicle must have (if equipped) that the equipment does work.

If a mirror is not there then it does not have to work.

If it is there and cracked to the point where it is unusable then that is a different matter.

Agent_24
19-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Bought a interior door handle off these guys once: www.partsworld.co.nz

aidanmaz
19-01-2010, 02:24 PM
its still useable, i can see out of it pretty well, its just cracked in the far right side of the driver mirror. I thought it had to be fixed to pass.

wratterus
19-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I thought that for a warrant you only have to have 2 mirrors, so the rear vision mirror and the other wing mirror should be all good?

Perhaps I was misinformed.

That was my understanding.

aidanmaz
19-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I just stopped in at a WOF mechanics to ask, and apparently since its the driver's side, it cant be cracked, if it was the passenger side, then it isnt too much of a deal. I got a source for one, at $198.50 + GST, which i thought was kinda overkill, hmmmm

Laura
20-01-2010, 02:45 PM
After an idiot vandal kicked & smashed my side mirror on the passenger side ( purely forthehellof it. Probably same one who ripped my wipers off another night ) I was concerned I might need a replacement in order to get the WoF which was due.

But it turned out that wasn't so.

Consequently I decided to postpone the replacement until I was less busy & my wallet was fuller.
Sadly, that still hasn't happened.

It does look ugly though, even if legal.

aidanmaz
20-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I think it looks tacky, the whole car is mint condition, even I as a 21 y.o (and you know how fussy we are about cars) like driving it. Im using it for the week, so much better than my nissan xD