PDA

View Full Version : Another balls-up with Xnet and Avast

Speedy Gonzales
15-01-2010, 08:00 PM
If you use Avast home and have gone to the Avast site to get a key for Avast Home recently. And havent received the key yet. The reason:

Xnet have (for one reason or another), blocked the Avast register email addy, and flagged it as a phishing email. I requested a key last week (more than 72 hrs ago). Using my normal email. I never received it. So, requested another email today, using Gmail. About 4 hrs later, I went to the Gmail site. And voila. Since I forward Gmail emails to my normal email, the key in the forwarded email was stuck in Gmail. And a bounced email saying Xnet has rejected the email (from Avast) because it's a phishing email. So, deleted it.

I rang Xnet later, to tell them. Then sent a copy of what it said in Gmail in an email. Just waiting to hear back from them, to see WHY they've blocked emails from Avast

Agent_24
15-01-2010, 10:13 PM
False positive from their detection systems I suppose

Speedy Gonzales
15-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Well its something, and when I rang Xnet didnt know anything about it (typical) :lol: If someone had told them previously, they wouldnt have asked for a copy of the email I received in Gmail about it

Agent_24
15-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Which is why I'd be suspicious of it being an automated system error, rather than them blocking it on purpose

Speedy Gonzales
15-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Soon find out, if they reply to the email I sent