PDA

View Full Version : Virus Emails??

Oose
14-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I have recently started receiveing a whole bunch of emails with subject lines such as "failure notice" coming from Mail Delivery System [MAILER-DAEMON@filter4.content.vf.net.nz].

My anti virus software picks up a virus or something called "Win32/Mydoom.N!ZIP"

Obviously I dont open anything and I kinda hoped these email would stop coming. Whats the story and how do I stop it?

Thanks

wainuitech
14-01-2010, 12:20 PM
What antivirus software are you using -- the AV could be detecting a virus on your PC.

You normally get a mailer Daemon if an email you are sending out is not sending for what ever reason.

pctek
14-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Block it as spam. best way is to go into webmail and mark them as spam a few times. Then the filter at the other end will stop them.

I had a run on those a while back - and no, it wasn't coming from me either..........

Oose
14-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks guys. The emails download to a few computers and the AV is either NOD32 or CA Anti Virus.

If I block it as spam on webmail, it wont block real Mail Delivery Failure notices will it? I don't wont to miss those.

Speedy Gonzales
14-01-2010, 12:50 PM
The emails maybe comng from someone you know, and your email is in their contacts. They may not know their email is sending out infected attachments

Block the email address from within the email program youre using (if it has the option)