PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Questions

Morgenmuffel
12-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi all

I am having to use CorelDraw for some work at the moment and as i have never used it, it is a bit of a mission, so here be the questions
(currently using the trial versions of V12 and V14)

How the heck do i do a simple drop shadow, I can't figure it out and the net is worse than useless on finding this or at least i can't find it.
When i save a drawing as a PDF, one particular font will not embed, however on a different machine the font embeds fine, same font i installed it on both machines (both XP)
What was the last free/giveaway version, as i vaguely remember for a while it was given away with DVD/cd rom drives or something like that ages ago, I think i own version 3 and i would like to get more modern than that, after the trials run out.
Do they sell the older versions cheaper somewhere, and yes i have checked trademe, and i have asked a number of questions on an auction there but as yet had no replies
Does Corel sell the Home version of corel x4 graphics suite in NZ, this is not the same as the educational one.

Speedy Gonzales
12-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Are you talking about coreldraw graphics suite x4?? I cant see 12 or 14 on the site. There is a link for NZ, this version is $939 for the full version. You have to pay for it then download it online. And you cant upgrade from a previous version, if its OEM, academic, or not for resale version.

waldok
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi Nigel, I bought X4 a while back, I didn't notice a home version but the best price I found was at JB HiFi.
cheers
W

Morgenmuffel
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Are you talking about coreldraw graphics suite x4?? I cant see 12 or 14 on the site. There is a link for NZ, this version is $939 for the full version. You have to pay for it then download it online. And you cant upgrade from a previous version, if its OEM, academic, or not for resale version.
yep X4 = 14 I think

Theres a home and student edition (not the same as the academic version) version that has 3 licences advertised in the US of A, thats about $100 US but its strictly for non-commercial use (I wonder if they can tell from the final product)

and from what i hear the download versions don't have the extras, like clipart and fonts

pctek
13-01-2010, 08:50 AM
coreldraw graphics suite x4?? is $939 for the full version.

CHEAP:

http://store.purplus.net/cogrsux4do.html

I got my fathers PSP X2 from there. Great shop.

Bobh
15-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I used make a drop shadow on Corel 4 by creating an original and duplicating it. You have to change the colour of the duplicate and ensure that you have a shadow copy under the original. You may have to use the arrange menu to put the shadow (the duplicate) behind the original. Use Arrange/order/back one. I have just downloaded a trial copy of Corel X4 and it still works the same way.

I came across this forum http://coreldraw.com/forums/