PDA

View Full Version : Word 2000 Spelling and Grammar

05-08-2001, 04:18 PM
I use Office 97 however Word 97 has been removed and Word 2000 installed in its place. I find that the spell and grammar check in English (New Zealand)does not work at all. I have check the settings under Tools/Options and everthing appears to be in order. When I push F7 sometimes I get no spell or grammar check at all and I know there are some spelling mistakes there and then sometimes I get the following error message 'Word cannot open spelling file c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\MSsp3en.lex for English (New Zealand).'

When I click ok to get rid of the error message I get the spelling and grammar for English (UK). and the dictionary language showing in the spelling and grammar is English (New Zealand). The spell check then continues to check grammar only.
I can make a spelling mistake and it does not get the red squggly line put underneath it!

Could someone please help me solve this rather annoying problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

David

05-08-2001, 05:31 PM
My guess would be that who ever felt the need to install word 2000 didn't bother to install english (new zealand).

09-08-2001, 10:25 PM
Hi David,

I use Word 2000 and have installed it several times. I don't know if an actual NZ English dictionary exists, I've never been able to get it to work. I just set the language/dictionary to Australian English and find that works just fine for me.

Cheers,
Rod.