PDA

View Full Version : Spam fighter

kjaada
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Have a friend who has had spamfighter for about a year.It tells him it has stopped over 2550 spam emails in this time ????
This is not the paid version.I can not recall ever having a spam email in over 10 years on computers.Also he recently forwarded me an email
about the use of sweetners which I would consider as spam.
I would like to hear what others think of spamfighter

PinoyKiw
09-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I know a couple of people that use it and like it but the non paid version attaches a sig to the bottom of outgoing emails while the paid version doesn't.

Other spam screening options could include Mailwasher which screens emails while the mail is still on the ISP's mail server allowing you to delete unwanted messages before downloading whats left or PopTray I think it is called, Speedy would be able to tell you more about PopTray.

Speedy Gonzales
09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Yep, I used to use poptray, it did a good job, but I dont now tho. I tried it on here, a few weeks ago (Win7 x64), it worked fine. But the bloody thing wouldnt go away, when I tried to uninstall it lol

wainuitech
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
We use mailwasher here, works well. As its been mentioned it allows you to see the mails from your ISp before downloading, that way you can select the ones you dont want through, or you can blacklist , add to friends list etc.

The paid version also has a recycle bin option - basically keeps a record of ones that have been deleted or disallowed, (you can set the number of days to keep) just in case you go "oops" wanted that one - it puts back only the first 500 lines of a mail, but no attachments - so you can always ask to have it resent if needed.

The problem with some "auto" Spam filters is they pick legit mails as Spam and block them.